Every character counts for SMS marketing, especially when messages are limited to 160 characters. Link shortening reduces the character count for the link allowing for more content directed at the customer experience. Listrak makes it easy for you by automatically shortening links in the message creation experience.
How to create a shortened branded link
To display a shortened and branded site link will require one update in your Short Code setting, provided you have already created a domain alias within your DNS host. Listrak will then automatically display the shorten links to stay within the 160 character limit in your text messages once you complete the following steps:
- Create a new CNAME subdomain record in your DNS Host
- Point the subdomain you'd like to use for SMS links to the Listrak domain 'ltrk.co'
Examples: t.style.co CNAME points to ltrk.co, sms.style.co CNAME points to ltrk.co
3. In the SMS channel within the Listrak platform
4. Navigate to the Manage tab
5. Enter your preferred shortened URL in the Link Domain Alias field
TIP: When using a subdomain branded link, it is best to use as few characters as possible.
For more information on SMS messaging, reach out to your Account Manager or Listrak Support!