Listrak's Journey Hub builder allows marketers to easily create automated campaign that allows them to send messages based on a contact's browse behavior on their site. Using cross-channel targeting capabilities, abandonment messaging can be sent via multiple channels, including email and SMS.
The Product Browse Abandonment Journey below allows contacts who browse specific SKUs will be excluded from receiving a message with a coupon. Other product abandoners will receive a message that includes a coupon. Add additional messages, additional coupons, or customize logic using decision splits to fit your goals.
Creating the journey
1. Open the channel select drop-down.
2. Select Journey Hub.
3. Select the New Journey button.
4. In the event select popup, select Product Browse Abandonment.
5. Give the journey a name in the main interface.
Adjusting the Entry Event Properties
Next, adjust the properties of the entry event by clicking on the element.
In the elements panel, adjust the following:
1. Select the merchant associated with the abandonment campaign.
2. Next, customize the re-entry rules by selecting how frequently contacts can re-enter the campaign.
💡 Use the custom re-entry frequency to limit how often a contact is eligible to receive the Product Browse Abandonment campaign.
3. Then, customize the entry prevention rules, which prevent a contact from entering the current journey if they are already a participant in another journey.
💡 If you have a Shopping Cart Abandonment Journey, prevent entry into the browse abandonment campaign to prioritize emails driving customers deeper into the purchase funnel.
Setting Up the Product Browse Details Split
Next, use the product browse detail split to send different messaging to contacts based on the last product they browsed. Use the product browse details split to exclude contacts from receiving a coupon on non-eligible products or change messaging to provide relevant content to those products.
💡 Click here to learn more on how to apply multiple conditions to a decision split.
1. Drag the Product Browse Details Split on to the canvas under the entry event.
2. Select the channel affinity split to edit the properties.
3. Select Product SKU from the drop-down, which specifies the product criteria.
4. Then, select In the Comma Delimited List from the drop-down.
5. In the input box, list the SKUs a customer could browse in order to receive different messaging. Place a comma between the list of SKUs.
Configuring the Yes Path
Next, configure the path that contacts who browsed the SKUs above would be directed to. In this example, contacts who purchased these SKUs will receive a single message will no coupon.
Configuring the No Path
Now, configure the path that contacts who did not browse a product in the list of specified SKUs would be directed to. In this example, contacts will receive a single message that includes a coupon code.
Add a Coupon Code
Prior to adding a coupon to a journey make sure the coupons have been added to the Listrak platform. Learn more about adding coupons.
1. Drag the coupon step on to the canvas.
2. Name the step in the properties panel, if desired.
3. Select the merchant associated with the coupon.
4. Select the coupon.
5. In the Coupon Code input give your coupon a unique name.
6. Copy the coupon tag for later use in messages.
💡 Toggle on the expiration tag to use the expiration date from the coupon file or use the date offset feature to increase the urgency in messages.
Add a Message
1. Drag an email element on to the canvas in the yes path.
2. In the elements panel, name the step, if desired.
3. Select the list associated with the product browse abandonment campaign.
💡 Selecting a list also enables the use of all of the segmentation data associated with that list.
3. Select Create Message.
4. Build the product browse abandonment message. Use segmentation information, saved content, and dynamic content to create.
5. Paste the coupon tag into the message to display the coupon code.
6. Select Create Journey Email Message.
💡 Use the copy from Conductor feature if moving an existing campaign from Conductor to Journey Hub.
Configuring Exit Events
An exit event determines what must happen in order for a contact to exit a journey. If no exit events are configured or contacts do not take the specified action they will naturally exit the journey at the end of their path.
1. Select the exit at the bottom of the journey.
2. Select Cart Abandoned and then the merchant from the entry event.
💡 Contacts should stop receiving product browse messages if they abandon a cart so that they can be messaged-to differently.
3. If desired, select Journey to exit a contact out of the journey if they enter another journey.
Activating the Journey
Once all messages have been created and the paths established, you are ready to activate the journey so that contacts can start receiving the new path and messages.
To activate, select the Activate button in the top right corner.
💡 If replacing an existing Conductor conversation with a Journey, be sure to terminate the existing conversation so that new abandoners only receive one product browse abandonment series.
Out of Stock items
Journey Hub automatically ensures your customers don't receive product browse abandonment messages if the browsed item is out of stock. Before sending an email or SMS message in a browse abandonment journey, the system checks the quantity on hand of the browsed item. If there is zero quantity on hand, the message step is skipped for that contact, and the contact continues through the journey to subsequent steps.