A Welcome Series workflow can introduce a new subscriber to your brand after they sign up. Workflow allows you to send a single message or multi-message series and change a subscriber's path through the Welcome Series based on their action.
In the example workflow below, new subscribers to the list will receive a Welcome Series that includes a coupon, and subscribers who are already on the list will receive a second version with no coupon.
1. Navigate to the channel picker by clicking on the Listrak logo
2. Select Workflow
Create a New List Subscription Workflow
3. Click the New Workflow button
4. Select the List Subscription event
Select Entry Criteria
5. Click on the list subscription event in the workflow builder and select the list new subscribers are added to
TIP: Learn more about configuring a one-time or recurring bulk import to enter contacts into workflow.
6. Set the re-entry frequency to No Limit
Campaign Idea: In a welcome series, select no limit and use a Marketing Status Split to send a different message to those who are already on the list
7. Give your workflow a name
Set Up a Marketing Status Split
8. In the elements tab, drag a Marketing Status Split on to the canvas between the Subscription event and Exit event.
9. In the properties tab, select Contact is a Re-subscriber from the Condition drop-down.
Set Up Coupons and Messaging
10. In the elements tab, drag a Coupon action on to the No path
11. Click the Coupon to edit the properties
12. Select a merchant
13. Select a coupon
14. Give the coupon code a name for the tag
TIP: Use a name that makes the coupon easily identifiable
15. Check the checkbox to add a tag for an expiration tag, if applicable
TIP: Learn more about setting up coupons in Workflow here.
16. In the elements tag, drag an Email element from the channel drop-down into each split
Adding Coupons to a Workflow Message
17. Copy the tags in the elements panel for use in the messages
18. Click on the email element in the No path
19. Give the step a name
20. Select a list
21. Click Create Message and create the message in the Listrak Message Authoring screen
22. Paste the coupon tag and expiration into the message creative
Adding Additional Messaging
23. Repeat step 10-22 for the Yes path message
24. Drag a Wait from the elements tab to the canvas
25. In the Wait properties, set the desired static wait time.
26. Repeat the steps in the Set Up Coupons and Messages to add additional messages based on your individual welcome strategy
Activating the Workflow
27. Click the Activate button to allow contacts to start receiving the Welcome Series
NOTE: Contacts will immediately become eligible to receive the Welcome Series. Test all messages prior to activating the campaign for accuracy.