A Welcome Series Journey can introduce a new subscriber to your brand after they sign up. Journey Hub allows you to send a single message or multi-message series and change a subscriber's path through the Welcome Series based on their action.
In the example journey below, new subscribers to the list will receive a Welcome Series that includes a coupon, and subscribers who have previously been on the list will receive a second version with no coupon.
Accessing Journey Hub
Navigate to the channel picker by clicking on the Listrak logo.
Select Journey Hub.
Create a New List Subscription Journey
3. Click the New Journey button.
4. Select the List Subscription event.
Select Entry Criteria
The entry criteria control who is entered into a journey after subscribing to a list based on the subscribing via a subscription point or a list import.
5. Click on the list subscription event in the builder and select the list new subscribers are added to.
6. Set the re-entry frequency to No Limit.
📌 In a welcome series, select no limit and use a Marketing Status Split to send a different message to those who have unsubscribed and are re-subscribing.
7. Give your journey a name.
Set Up a Subscription Split
The subscription split can be used to change a contact's experience based on if they are subscribed to specific lists. subscription date, and more.
8. In the elements tab, drag a Subscription Split on to the canvas between the Subscription event and Exit event.
9. In the properties tab, select Email Resubscriber from the Condition drop-down of the Yes path.
10. Select the list.
💡 Click here to learn more on how to apply multiple conditions to a decision split.
Set Up Coupons and Messaging
11. In the elements tab, drag a Coupon action on to the No path.
12. Click the Coupon to edit the properties.
13. Select a merchant.
14. Select a coupon.
15. Give the coupon code a name for the tag.
💡 Use a name that makes the coupon easily identifiable.
16. Check the checkbox to add a tag for an expiration tag, if applicable.
💡 Learn more about setting up coupons in Journey Hub here.
17. In the elements tag, drag an Email element from the channel drop-down into each split.
Adding Coupons to a Journey Message
18. Copy the tags in the elements panel for use in the messages.
19. Click on the email element in the No path.
20. Give the step a name.
21. Select a list.
22. Click Create Message and create the message in the Listrak Message. Authoring screen.
23. Paste the coupon tag and expiration into the message creative.
Adding Additional Messaging
24. Repeat step 10-22 for the Yes path message.
25. Drag a Wait from the elements tab to the canvas.
26. In the Wait properties, set the desired static wait time.
27. Repeat the steps in the Set Up Coupons and Messages to add additional messages based on your individual welcome strategy
Activating the Journey
28. Click the Activate button to allow contacts to start receiving the Welcome Series
💡 Contacts will immediately become eligible to receive the Welcome Series. Test all messages prior to activating the campaign for accuracy.