Answerbase provides Q&A software for eCommerce product pages, increasing your email subscriber base and search traffic to your site, while also increasing your reach for email marketing, audience marketing, and remarketing efforts.
As your contacts are getting the answers they need, their email addresses and contact information can be sent to Listrak in an audience. Now, with Listrak's integration with Zapier, seamlessly add the subscriber data from Answerbase Q&A to Listrak to subscribe email addresses, update contact information, and send triggered emails to your contacts with Listrak Conductor.
STEP 1: INTEGRATE WITH ANSWERBASE
Be sure to already have Answerbase integrated with your website. After you've set up an account and configured your website, please navigate to the following integration information, as you will need it to integrate with Zapier.
1. In your Answerbase administration portal, navigate from the home menu to Integration in Answerbase.
2. Locate the API Key and Zapier Services URL.
Be sure to save these in a safe and secure place. This information will be used in step 3 below.
STEP 2: CREATE SEGMENTS, A NEW EVENT*, AND A LISTRAK CONDUCTOR CONVERSATION*
To send these email addresses to Listrak automatically, a segmentation field is needed. This segmentation field serves as an identifier that this group of contacts are coming from Answerbase. This field can then be used to segment on when authoring a new message. When setting up the segmentation field, be sure to set the data type to checkbox.
Optionally, send an automated follow-up email series to these contacts by triggering an external event. For example, when a customer is browsing content, send their contact information to Listrak, where you can add them to receive your automated marketing messages, or an email drip campaign personalized to each individual customer.
STEP 3: INTEGRATE ANSWERBASE WITH ZAPIER
The last step is to connect Answerbase with Zapier and Listrak. Create a Zap by following the below steps.
1. Navigate to Zapier.
2. Click Make a Zap.
3. Then, create a Trigger by searching for Answerbase.
4. For this example, click New Email.
5. Click Save + Continue.
6. Click Connect Account.
7. Enter your Zapier Services URL.
8. Enter the API Key.
9. Click Yes, Continue.
10. Select and test your Answerbase Account with Zapier.
11. Click Save + Continue.
12. Select a piece of sample information to set up the Zap.
13. Click Continue.
14. Next, set up an action step by clicking Add a Step on the left-hand side of the screen.
15. Then, click Action/Search.
16. Search and select Listrak.
17. Click Continue.
18. Select Add/Update Subscriber.
19. Click Save + Continue.
20. Select and authenticate your Listrak Account with Zapier. If you haven't previously set this up, please authenticate your Listrak Account at this time.
21. Click Save + Continue.
22. Configure the Zap Settings. Please note that the Email Address, List, and Override Unsubscribe options are required. Please map the email address field to the sample email in the drop-down menu.
23. If you're setting up these contacts to receive an automatically triggered message from Listrak, please select the external event here.
24. Configure the segmentation field group and segmentation field for your contacts. Please select the segmentation field you set up in step 2.
- NOTE: You can only add segmentation data to one segment group at a time. To add segmentation data to multiple groups, repeat the above steps to add a second action step.
25. Enter true for segmentation field value.
26. Click Continue.
27. Next, test the Zap. This triggers the sample data, which is sent to your list and Listrak Conductor Conversation, if applicable.
28. Click Send Test to Listrak.
- NOTE: Please allow 10-20 minutes for a test to be complete.
29. Click Finish.
30. Be sure your Zap is turned on and your Listrak Conductor Conversation is live and published, if applicable.