Google Forms are a fast, easy, and inexpensive way to gather information about your customers. Now, with Listrak's integration with Zapier, you can seamlessly add this data to subscribe email addresses, update contact information, and send triggered emails to your contacts with Listrak Conductor.
Explore endless opportunities with this guide - beyond the example outlined below. You may not need the full functionality, however get creative, cut it short, or dive even deeper.
EXAMPLE: You are planning a trade show and want to collect visitor information. After the information is collected, automatically send a follow up message series based on the contact's preferences (such as a consumer or a wholesale).
STEP 1: CREATE A GOOGLE FORM AND ACCOMPANYING SHEET
First, create a new Google Form. Please be sure your form responses are set up as inputs into a spreadsheet.
1. Navigate to the Responses tab.
2. Click the spreadsheet icon.
3. Create new or connect an existing spreadsheet.
4. Set the form to accept multiple responses. This avoids the requirement of forcing users to sign in with a Google Account.
For this example, first name, list name, email, and buyer type are being collected. You may use additional fields, if applicable.
When capturing different fields, be sure to set up the applicable segmentation fields in Listrak, such as first name, last name, email. Click here to learn more about how to set up segmentation fields.
For more examples and details on how to set up Google Forms with Zapier, click here.
STEP 2: CREATE SEGMENTS, A NEW EVENT, AND A LISTRAK CONDUCTOR CONVERSATION
Take this campaign one step further by automating a triggered message series to all of the contacts acquired from the Google Form by using Listrak Conductor. You may skip this step if you plan to manually target these contacts or are simply adding them to your marketing list.
To send an automated follow-up email series, first create the applicable segmentation field and an event within Listrak Conductor that will trigger the series to start.
If you will be sending a follow up email or email series to attendee signups, first create the applicable segmentation fields. For this example, create fields such as FirstName, LastName, Address, and BuyerType. These segmentation fields are used to direct your contacts in a Listrak Conductor Conversation to receive the appropriate message based on their preferences. Then, create an event to trigger the message workflow in Conductor. Learn more about external events here.
1. Set up an external event. For this example, the external event is called Trade Show sign up.
After the external event is created, the next step is to tie it to the conversation.
2. Navigate to a conversation. For example, a Welcome Series conversation.
3. Click the green plus sign to add a new thread at the bottom of the conversation.
4. Move this thread to the top of the conversation by clicking the arrows on the left-hand side of the thread.
5. Click the trigger step and rename it to reflect the event that's occurring. For example, Trade Show sign up. Then, add the previously created external event to this step and click Update.
Then, add two Goto steps to filter contacts based on their preferences. For example, one to identify if the contact is a consumer, and one to identify if the contact is wholesale.
6. Click the green plus sign next to the Trade Show sign up trigger step.
7. Select Goto step.
8. Click Override Default Name and enter a meaningful name that's relevant to where this step is sending contacts. For example, If Buyer Type is Consumer.
9. Select the step you'd like to send the contacts to. For the consumer type, filter this step to the consumer-related thread. Repeat this step for the other applicable preferences in your campaign.
STEP 3: CREATE THE ZAP
The last step is to create the Zap in Zapier which drives the automated connection between the Google Form and Listrak. Create a Zap by following the below steps.
1. Navigate to Zapier.
2. Click Make a Zap.
3. Then, create a Trigger by searching for Google Forms.
4. For this example, click New Responses in Spreadsheet. Remember, this spreadsheet is being used to collect new contact information at a trade show, not updates.
5. Click Save + Continue.
6. Select and test your Google Account with Zapier. If you haven't previously set this up, please authenticate your Google Account at this time.
7. Click Save + Continue.
8. Next, select a spreadsheet that's connected to the Google Form. For example, Trade Show sign up.
9. Select a worksheet that's connected to the Google Form. For example, Form Responses 1.
NOTE: At least one row of data must be in the spreadsheet in order to set up the Zap.
10. Click Continue.
11. Select a piece of sample information to set up the Zap.
12. Click Continue.
13. Next, set up an action step by clicking Add a Step on the left-hand side of the screen.
14. Then, click Action/Search.
15. Search and select Listrak.
16. Select Add/Update Subscriber.
17. Select and authenticate your Listrak Account with Zapier. If you haven't previously set this up, please authenticate your Listrak Account at this time.
18. Configure the Zap Settings. Please note that the Email Address, List, and Override Unsubscribe options are required.
19. Select an external event to trigger a message from this Zap. This should have been previously set up in Step 2 above.
20. Configure the segmentation field group and segmentation field for your contacts. These should match what was set up above in Step 2.
NOTE: You can only add segmentation data to one segment group at a time. To add segmentation data to multiple groups, repeat the above steps to add a second action step.
21. Next, test the Zap. This triggers the sample data, which is sent to your list and Listrak Conductor Conversation if you have previously set up and published the Conversation in Step 2.
22. Be sure your Zap is turned on and your Listrak Conductor Conversation is live and published.