Automate your day-to-day tasks from Zendesk, such as updating and subscribing contacts with Listrak's integration with Zapier.
This guide, similar to our guide on Integrating Google Forms with Listrak Using Zapier, walks through how to automate creating and updating contact information from Zendesk to Listrak.
There are many supported triggers and actions with Zapier's integration between Listrak and Zendesk that you can read about here. However, this guide shows a step-by-step of how to add and update contacts from Zendesk into Listrak. Further optimize this campaign by sending contacts a triggered message series.
EXAMPLE: You're using Zendesk as a customer support system, and currently have no way to follow-up with your customers after their support cases have closed. Streamline this information from Zendesk through Zapier, automatically to Listrak. This information is sent to Listrak through a segmentation field, where Listrak identifies Zendesk as a source. Through this segmentation field, Listrak receives information about the customer, allowing you to target all Zendesk users through this field in an automated conversation.
STEP 1: CREATE A ZENDESK ACCOUNT
Although this step seems like a no-brainer, be sure to have a Zendesk account already set up. Zendesk has many different functions, but for this example, we'll be adding/updating contact information.
Additionally, please be sure to have located your API token, which is used when authenticating Zendesk to Zapier. Click here to learn more about how to find your Zendesk API Key.
Be sure to save this API token in a safe and secure place, as it won't display again after you've saved or left the page.
STEP 2: CREATE SEGMENTS, A NEW EVENT, AND A LISTRAK CONDUCTOR CONVERSATION
Automatically trigger a message series to your contacts, similar to the set up in Integrating Google Forms with Listrak Using Zapier.
STEP 3: CREATE THE ZAP
The last step is to create the Zap in Zapier which drives the automated connection between Zendesk and Listrak. Create a Zap by following the below steps.
1. Navigate to Zapier.
2. Click Make a Zap.
3. Then, create a Trigger by searching for Zendesk.
4. For this example, click New User. You can also use this automation to create a new ticket with this information.
5. Click Save + Continue.
6. Select and test your Zendesk Account with Zapier. If you haven't previously set this up, please authenticate your Zendesk Account at this time.
7. Click Save + Continue.
8. Select a piece of sample information to set up the Zap.
9. Click Continue.
10. Next, set up an action step by clicking Add a Step on the left-hand side of the screen.
11. Then, click Action/Search.
12. Search and select Listrak.
13. Click Continue.
14. Select Add/Update Subscriber.
15. Click Save + Continue.
16. Select and authenticate your Listrak Account with Zapier. If you haven't previously set this up, please authenticate your Listrak Account at this time.
17. Configure the Zap Settings. Please note that the Email Address, List, and Override Unsubscribe options are required.
18. If you're setting up these contacts to receive an automatically triggered message from Listrak, please select the external event here.
19. Configure the segmentation field group and segmentation field for your contacts. These align with the segmentation fields that you have previously created in Listrak.
- NOTE: You can only add segmentation data to one segment group at a time. To add segmentation data to multiple groups, repeat the above steps to add a second action step.
20. Click Continue.
21. Next, test the Zap. This triggers the sample data, which is sent to your list and Listrak Conductor Conversation, if applicable.
22. Be sure your Zap is turned on and your Listrak Conductor Conversation is live and published, if applicable.