Previously we looked at how to use a saved Listrak CRM Audience to filter at the message level, in a Recurring Automated Campaign, and as a trigger for automated campaigns. In addition to these types of filtering, CRM Audiences can be used as filter in dynamic content.
Dynamic content allows you to send different content based on a contact's behavior without having to create multiple messages. For example, you can create a unique banner based on a contact's location or a unique hero image based on a customer's loyalty status.
Add dynamic content to a saved message by following these steps.
1. Navigate from the home menu to Authoring.
2. Go to Saved Messages.
ADDING DYNAMIC CONTENT TO LISTRAK COMPOSER
1. Drag and drop a dynamic content element onto the Composer canvas.
2. Add your variations. These are the pieces of content a contact could receive.
TIP: Up to 10 variations can be included in a single dynamic content block.
3. Enter a name for the variations.
4. Enter a name for the dynamic content container.
5. Drag and drop a structure into the dynamic content variation based on the type of content you would like to add.
6. Drag and drop an element or multiple elements into the structure based on the content you want to add.
TIP: Click here to learn more about building an email with Listrak Composer.
ADDING CRM FILTERS TO DYNAMIC CONTENT
Now that content has been added to each of your variations, the next step is to add filters to determine what content contacts will receive.
Dynamic content filtering is top-down filtering. When a message is sent from within Listrak the first step is to determine if a contact meets the criteria for the first filter. If a contact meets the criteria specified, they will receive this variation. If a contact doesn't meet this criteria Listrak will move to the next filter and determine if a contact meets the criteria for the second filter. When ordering your variations, the most specific or hardest to achieve should be placed at the top. Once a contact has met a filter and received a specific variation, they will not receive any of the following variations.
1. Navigate to the properties tab.
2. Click Manage Variations.
3. Click the first variation.
4. Click Add Filter.
5. Select Audiences from the first drop-down menu.
6. Select your CRM Audience from the second drop-down menu.
7. Then, if they should be a member of the audience or not to be eligible for this variation.
8. Select Update.
9. Then Apply Filter.
10. Apply any additional filters to your variations.
TIP: If the last variation contains a filter, some contacts may not receive any content. Include a default variation to ensure all contacts receive content.
11. Click Apply Design.
12. Save your message.
Congratulations! You have just added dynamic content and used a CRM Audience in your filter!