In the Navigating CRM article, you learned the basics with a first look at Listrak CRM. Once you are comfortable with navigating CRM you may want to make updates and changes to your CRM dashboards. To edit a dashboard, click Edit in the upper right-hand corner of the screen.
Once you click edit, the dashboard enables edit mode. You have the following options at the top of the dashboard:
- New Tile: Create a new tile that can be fully customized based on your goal and data.
- Looks: Add or remove pre-built tiles to the dashboard you're currently working in. Tiles can be saved as looks to be added to additional dashboards.
- Text: Add headers and text to your dashboard to allow information and visualizations to read more easily, as well as provide descriptions to your visualizations. These live outside of other tiles. Read more below.
- Filters: Apply defined rule(s) at the dashboard level. For example, use this option to display a 30-day snapshot of all the data you're viewing. Read more below.
- Settings: Edit the title, description and load/refresh settings for this dashboard. Read more below.
Once you've clicked the text button at the top of the screen, enter the text that you'd like to add and click save. You can create three different levels of text, depending on your goal. The most common text tile is a Title.
The text appears as a tile on the dashboard. Click the three dots to edit or delete the text.
After your text has been created, click and drag the three lines in the upper left-hand corner of the tile to move it to where you'd like it. These are nice to visually breakout a page and separate different areas of data.
A filter at the dashboard level allows you to use the same filter on multiple tiles. This is useful if you want to apply a filter to every tile to create a themed dashboard. For instance, the Sales Performance Dashboard includes a filter to look at performance over the last 12 weeks. Any filter on this dashboard that includes information about an order date has this filter applied.
Dashboard level filters make it easy to update multiple tiles at once.
To create a dashboard level filter, click the Filter button at the top of the page to open a popup with the filter options.
1. Enter a Name for the filter based on the goal.
2. Select a Type (field, date, number, string) from the drop-down menu.
TIP: Field allows you to look for values in a CRM dimension, like email address. Date allows you to limit the data displayed if the visulization includes a date field, like Order Date.
3. Select a Default Value. The default value is the specific filtered value you want to apply.
4. Navigate to the Tiles to Update tab.
5. Select the tiles to apply the filters to.
6. Then specify which field the filter is applicable to.
TIP: When using a field type these will match. When using a date type select which date field to filter on.
7. If you wish to create another filter, click the New Filter button.
8. When you're finished updating the below settings, click Save.
After you've applied a filter, a drop-down will appear under the customization bar, allowing you to edit or add additional filters when it edit mode. Don't forget to click run to update the data visualizations!
The applied filters will then collapse in this menu.
The dashboard settings allow you to change the settings of your dashboard. In edit mode, click on the Settings option of the editing toolbar to open a popup and adjust the settings below.
- Title: The title is displayed at the top of the dashboard and when selecting a view.
- Description: The description appears below dashboards on the spaces page.
- Run on Load: If this option is turned on, each tile on the dashboard will re-load with updated data when the page is loaded. This may take a few minutes, depending on the number if tiles included on the dashboard.
- Dashboard Auto Refresh: Use this option if the dashboard needs to be refreshed regularly. You can configure how often the dashboard is auto-refreshed. If this setting is turned off the dashboard will refresh every few hours.
- Dashboard Element Name: The individual tiles on the dashboard will include here. You can adjust the auto refresh settings for individual tiles if you do not want to refresh the entire dashboard. You can choose a refresh schedule for individual tiles.
Once you have updated your settings, click save to save the updates.