SMS Keyword campaigns are used to trigger an action by your customers and illicit a response from your customers. Create a new keyword campaign by following the below steps.
- From the SMS Home Dashboard click New Campaign button.
- Click Keyword Campaign button.
CREATING A NEW KEYWORD CAMPAIGN
When creating a New Keyword Campaign, there is are four steps, Setup, Analytics, Compose, and Review. You can navigate between these steps using the column on the left side of the screen, without losing content or settings, at any time.
- Enter a Campaign Name and Keyword.
- Select a List from the drop-down menu.
- Select Optional Opt-in Settings (Age Gate, Double Opt-in).
- Select a Start Date and optional Fixed End Date.
- Select a Coupon Pool from the drop-down menu, if applicable. Click here to learn more about adding coupons to your keyword campaign.
- Click Continue.
- Click on Age Gate, set your age requirement, and subscribers can reply with their date of birth before subscribing. Only those who meet the age requirement can join.
- If you have selected Double Opt-in at the list level, you will have the option to enable that setting for the List Subscription Campaign.
- Enter applicable Listrak Conversion Analytics.
- Enter applicable Google Analytics.
- Click Continue.
TIP: Listrak Conversion Analytics are only applicable if they are enabled at the short code level. Enable Listrak Conversion Analytics by navigating to the short code settings located under Manage.
Complete each of the applicable messages that will be sent in this campaign.
TIP: You will not lose any settings or content by navigating backwards.
Click the plus sign to include Coupon Code personalization tag (available if coupon code was selected during Setup). Additional System Fields that are available, learn more about using custom fields with SMS.
In the Welcome message, you can capture additional data points (as listed above) to then be used to in your future SMS sends.
Age Gate message types will only show up on this page if you selected that option during Setup. Remember the date format for this message.
This message will send if the date submitted does not qualify for the age that was specified during Setup.
This will be the first marketing message sent to the subscriber. Click the check box to Capture Additional Data and select which data type from the list of System Fields. Click the plus sign to include Coupon Code personalization tag (available if coupon code was selected during Setup). Additional System Fields that are available for personalization are:
- First Name
- Last Name
- Postal Code
- Email Address
Use the extra message if the contents of your welcome message are going to exceed 160 characters. If additional data is being captured, you are unable to use the Extra Message type.
When requesting an email address or any additional data points, use the Data Confirmation to reply and confirm to the subscriber that their message has been received.
After the applicable messages have been added, click Continue.
This is the last step before sending or scheduling the Keyword Campaign and you will see at-a-glance message settings including:
- Campaign Name
- Scheduled/Send Date and Time
- Double Opt-in
- Campaign Conversation (all messages will appear here)
If additional edits are required at this time, you can edit the message settings or content by clicking edit on this page. By clicking edit, you will be redirected to one of the above workflow steps.
To finish creating your keyword campaign, click Confirm.
Next, an alert confirmation pop-up will appear, giving you one more opportunity to confirm the campaign setup. If you would like to make edits before sending/scheduling, click Continue Editing, this will redirect you to one of the above workflow steps.
If you are ready to activate your keyword campaign click Activate.
Congratulations, you have created an SMS Keyword Campaign! To learn more about this and other SMS features, contact your Account Manager or Listrak Support for more information!