SMS Keyword campaigns are used to trigger an action by your customers and illicit a response from your customers. Create a new keyword campaign by following the below steps.
- Navigate from the home menu to the SMS Dashboard.
- Click New Campaign.
- Then New Keyword Campaign.
CREATING A NEW CAMPAIGN
When creating a new keyword campaign, there's a three step workflow on the left-hand side.
MESSAGE SET UP
1. Enter a Campaign Name.
2. Enter a Keyword.
3. Select a List from the drop-down menu.
4. Check Additional Opt-in Settings, if applicable.
5. Enter the Age Gating Settings.
6. Select a Start Date and Time.
7. Select a Fixed End Date, if applicable.
8. Select a Coupon Pool from the drop-down menu, if applicable. Click here to learn more about adding coupons to your keyword campaigns.
9. Click Continue.
Next, configure your Conversion Analytics.
NOTE: Listrak Conversion Analytics are only applicable if they are enabled at the short code level. Enable Listrak Conversion Analytics by navigating to the short code settings located under Manage.
9. Select a Campaign Type from the drop-down menu.
10. Enter a Campaign Name.
11. Enter a Campaign Version.
12. Enter the applicable Campaign Name and Campaign Content for Google Analytics.
13. Click Continue.
Begin by entering the Welcome message for your customers, or the Age Gating message, if applicable.
Click the plus sign to include personalization in the message, such as:
- First and Last Name
- Postal Code
- Email Address
- Coupon Code
In the Welcome message, you can capture additional data points (as listed above) to then be used to in your future SMS sends.
If you're requesting an email address or any additional data points from your customers, use the data confirmation message to assure your customers that you have received their information. Use the extra message if the contents of your welcome message are going to exceed 160 characters.
NOTE: If an extra message is created, you're unable to use data confirmation.
After the applicable messages have been added, click Continue.
The last step before sending or scheduling your keyword campaign is review. On the third step of the workflow, you will see at-a-glance message settings including:
- Campaign Name
- Scheduled/Send Date and Time
- Double Opt-in
- Campaign Conversation (all applicable messages will appear here)
If additional edits are required at this time, you can edit the message settings or content by clicking edit on this page. By clicking edit, you will be redirected to one of the above workflow steps.
To finish creating your keyword campaign, click Complete.