Monitoring and understanding list growth and losses plays an important role in the success of your e-marketing campaigns. Like the Subscribed Contacts Report, the Unsubscribed Contacts Report provides you with a detailed look at those contacts who have opted out of your list. This report is "list-centric," and takes into account only unsubscribers who've opted out of the list you're currently working in.
- Navigate from the home menu to Analytics.
- Go to Contact Analytics.
- Then Unsubscribed Contacts.
- Select a predetermined date range from the drop-down menu or enter a custom time frame using the date fields and calendar icons. Your results will then display only the contacts who unsubscribed during that specific time frame.
- Click Update.
UNSUBSCRIBED CONTACTS PIE CHART AND GRAPH
The unsubscribed contacts analytics page contains two helpful graphs. The bar graph allows you to visualize the number of contacts who've unsubscribed using various opt-out methods. The pie chart breaks displays the total of all unsubscribed contacts over a given time frame.
- Click any unsubscribe method to eliminate it from the graph. Note that the pie chart does not adjust; only the graph changes.
TIP: Hide individual methods of opting out to get a closer look at the other opt-out methods.
UNSUBSCRIBED CONTACTS DATA GRID
The data grid displays contacts by email address, subscribe and unsubscribe dates, and method of subscription.
- Resubscribe a contact from the list directly from the data grid by using the Resubscribe icon.
- Use the Filter icon to narrow your search or filter contacts using their email address or subscribe date.
- Click the Dashboard icon next to any individual email address to view the contact details for that person.
- Edit Filter: Use the Edit Filter icon to narrow your results based on segmentation.
UNSUBSCRIBE METHOD DEFINITIONS
The unsubscribe method column shows you the method by which the contact was removed from the list. Click on the column header to sort the list by method. Here are some of the most common methods:
- Abuse Complaints: These contacts clicked the "Report as Spam" or "Report as Abuse" link or button.
- Administrator: These contacts were removed from the list individually via Contacts > Subscribe/Unsubscribe Contacts. NOTE: Also assigned this unsubscribe method if done via an API method call such as UnsubscribeContact.
- Aggregate Abuse Complaint: These contacts clicked the "Report as Spam" or "Report as Abuse" button or link while in another list and were removed from current list due to list settings.
- Bounces: These contacts reached the designated number of bounces as determined in the list settings.
- Invalid Address: These contacts returned a specific SMTP code that determined they do not exist.
- List Hygiene: These contacts were removed because their original addresses were invalid but were replaced with a valid one.
- List Import: These contacts were unsubscribed via Contacts > List Import with "Remove Subscribers" checked.
- List-Unsubscribe: These contacts clicked the Microsoft link "You're subscribed to this mailing list. Unsubscribe," which is automatically inserted via list settings option for "Automatically Insert List-Unsubscribe Header."
- Subscriber: These contacts clicked the unsubscribe link within the message, or filled out and submitted an unsubscribe form.
- Suppression: These contacts were added to an existing suppression list that is attached to the current list.
- Administrative Address Change: These contacts had their email address changed by an administrator in Listrak. The new email address was subscribed and the old address was unsubscribed.
- Subscriber Address Change: These contacts completed a change email address form after clicking the change address link in an email. Their new email address was subscribed and the old address was unsubscribed.
The contact details page contains data specific to the activity of the selected contact. This page also includes an additional option in the footer area to choose to include all lists to view all activity across all lists for the selected contact during the time set.
- Subject: This field displays the subject line of the message.
- Message Type: This fields designates whether the message is a list or conversation message. Conversation messages belong to conversations built in Listrak Conductor.
- Send Date: This field displays the date the message was sent.
- Bounce Reason: This field lists the reason a contact bounced, if applicable.
- Open Date: This field displays the date the contact opened the message. If this field is empty, the contact did not open the message.
- Read: This field shows if the contact read the message. A green check denotes that the contact read the message while the red X means that they did not.
- Clicks: This field shows the number of total clicks by the contact for the message.
- Unsubscribed: This field shows if a contact has unsubscribed from the message. A green check denotes that the contact has unsubscribed from the message while the red X means that they did not.