Monitoring and understanding list growth through acquisition plays an important role in the success of your e-marketing campaigns. The Subscribed Contacts Report provides you with a detailed look at your subscribers over time and their methods of subscription. This report is "list-centric," and takes into account only the subscribers added to the list you're currently working in.
1. Navigate from the home menu to Analytics.
2. Go to Contact Analytics.
3. Then Subscribed Contacts.
4. Select a predetermined date range from the drop-down menu or enter a custom time frame using the date fields and calendar icons. Your results will then display only the contacts who subscribed during that specific time frame.
NOTE: The subscribe date is a static and always reflects the initial subscription date. So, if a contact is unsubscribed and then resubscribed, we still display the initial subscription date, not the date they were resubscribed.
5. Click Update.
SUBSCRIBED CONTACTS PIE CHART AND GRAPH
The subscribed contacts analytics page contains two helpful graphs. The bar graph allows you to visualize the size of your list including existing contacts plus contacts added from various subscription methods. The pie chart breaks displays the total of all subscribed contacts over a given time frame with the exception of subscribed contacts.
6. Click any subscription method to eliminate it from the graph. Note that the pie chart does not adjust; only the graph changes.
TIP: Hide existing contacts to get a closer look at the other subscription methods. Existing contacts is often the largest segment, so hiding them exposes your other methods
SUBSCRIBED CONTACTS DATA GRID
The data grid displays contacts by email address, subscribe date, and method of subscription.
- Unsubscribe a contact from the list directly from the data grid by using the Delete icon.
- Use the Filter icon to narrow your search or filter contacts using their email address or subscribe date.
- Click the Dashboard icon next to any individual email address to view the contact details for that person.
- Edit Filter: Use the Edit Filter button to narrow your results based on segmentation.
SUBSCRIPTION METHOD DEFINITIONS
The subscribe method column shows you the method by which the contact was added to the list. Click on the column header to sort the list by method. Here are some of the most common methods:
- Existing Contacts: These contacts were already on the list prior to the timeframe you've chosen.
- Administrator: These contacts were subscribed to the list individually via Contacts > Subscribe/Unsubscribe Contacts.
NOTE: This method also includes anyone subscribing via an API method such as SubscribeContact or SetContact.
- List Import: These contacts were subscribed as part of a list import or file upload.
NOTE: This method also includes anyone subscribing via an API method such as BulkLoadContacts.
- List Hygiene: These contacts were subscribed via a correction by Listrak's list hygiene process. In this process, the system catches commonly misspelled domain names and other typical errors found in email addresses.
- Subscriber: These contacts clicked the subscribe link within the message, or filled out and submitted a subscribe form.
- Administrative Address Change: These contacts' addresses were changed individually using Contacts>Change A Contact's Address.
- Subscriber Address Change: These contacts changed their address by using a change address form.
The contact details page contains data specific to the activity of the selected contact. This page also includes an additional option in the footer area to choose to include all lists to view all activity across all lists for the selected contact during the time set.
- Subject: This field displays the subject line of the message.
- Message Type: This fields designates whether the message is a list or conversation message. Conversation messages belong to conversations built in Listrak Conductor.
- Send Date: This field displays the date the message was sent.
- Bounce Reason: This field lists the reason a contact bounced, if applicable.
- Open Date: This field displays the date the contact opened the message. If this field is empty, the contact did not open the message.
- Read: This field shows if the contact read the message. A green check denotes that the contact read the message while the red X means that they did not.
- Clicks: This field shows the number of total clicks by the contact for the message.
- Unsubscribed: This field shows if a contact has unsubscribed from the message. A green check denotes that the contact has unsubscribed from the message while the red X means that they did not.