View the below video to ensure you're providing Listrak with the necessary data files for successful segmentation across your campaigns.
Listrak now allows you to configure your data prior to upload using the new data file setup page. It is important to note that by configuring your data, it will not automatically upload. This tool allows you to view and understand what your data should look like in the proper formats. Access the data file setup using the following steps:
- Navigate from the home menu to Solutions.
- Then Data File Setup.
When you arrive at the data file setup page, you will see the following:
You can see all of the files that you have previously configured here and are broken down into the name, type, when Listrak last saw it, the number of rows, errors, history, and the option to delete it. By checking the show deleted file definitions box, you can view your deleted file definitions.
Notifications give you the ability to subscribe an individual email address to receive notifications when a data file hasn't been imported after three consecutive attempts, based on the duration of time specified in the Settings during New Data File Setup. You can subscribe to notifications by following the below steps.
- Click the Notification icon.
- Enter an Email Address.
- Click Subscribe.
NEW DATA FILE
- Click the New Data File button at the top of the page.
First you will arrive on the settings page.
1. Enter a file name. This must match what Listrak will be locating.
2. Select a file type from the drop-down menu. You can upload a product, customer, order, order item, or store location file.
NOTE: When creating a product file, you will have the option to choose the type of file you'll be supplying. Full product files are those that replace your entire product file each time your file is imported. Incremental product files will update your product file each time your file is imported.
3. Select or create a column delimiter. Delimiters are used to specify the boundary between data.
4. Select or create a text qualifier. Text qualifiers recognize where the text begins/ends when importing data.
5. Enter a date. This is how often Listrak should expect to see these files in the data feed process.
6. Choose a sample file.
7. Click Next.
These are your mappings that have automatically mapped from the data file configuration. Underneath your progress bar, the mappings are broken down into available columns and your columns. Available columns are the columns that Listrak stores and can be used to create a mapping to your data. Your columns are what have been configured through the data file configuration.
NOTE: If you see that any of the columns are mismatched, you can drag and drop from the left-hand column to match the column header.
You can apply transformations to clean up your data from your product catalog. You can apply a transformation by doing the following:
- Click the settings wheel in your columns.
- Select the transformation from the drop-down menu.
- Click Accept.
For Example: If you have a dollar sign next to your price, you can select "Money with Limited Error Detection" to remove the dollar sign.
The Settings icon will change color when a transformation is applied.
Preview allows you to see what the file will look like when it's uploaded. Potential errors and warnings are displayed here. These allow you to see potential points of failure with your data file prior to uploading it to Listrak.
When creating and configuring your data file, you have the option to do a one-time import. When selecting this option, you will see that the configuration steps follow the same as listed above, however, you have the option to create a recurring data file feed or to import a single data file. Follow the above steps to set up your data file then on the final step (3):
- Select your Data File.
- Click Save and Import Now.
- The file you are uploading must be the same file extension that you have previously selected to use as the sample file.
- Your file must be 250MB or less.