MultiPass, which allows you to send an additional message to non-openers, can be used in many different ways to create effective marketing strategies. You can use this tactic in any type of automated campaign, such as Post Purchase, Shopping Cart Abandonment, Browse Abandonment, and more. Below, we'll walk through the steps to add MultiPass threads to a Post Purchase "Thank You" campaign.
- Navigate from the home menu to Authoring.
- Go to Listrak Conductor.
- Then Conversations.
- Select the conversation you'd like to add a MultiPass to.
MULTIPASS BASED ON OPENERS VS. NON-OPENERS
For this example, we'll add a MultiPass thread to a Post Purchase "Thank You" campaign. Using this strategy, we'll send an additional message only to non-openers because we're saying "thank you," and really don't need to get that message across more than once. Follow the below steps to set up the MultiPass in Listrak Conductor.
1. In the Listrak Conductor conversation ensure you're using the working version by selecting if from the drop-down menu.
2. Click the Add Child Thread icon underneath the first Wait Step.
3. Click the Trigger Step in the new thread.
4. Override the default name to "Opened Thank You 1."
5. Click the tab that says Message from the Available Events list.
6. Select Message Opened from the Available Events list.
7. Click Update.
Now, if a customer opens Thank You 1, they'll be sent down to the new thread and terminated from the conversation. Simply follow the same steps to terminate contacts that have opened Thank You 2. You finished conversation should look something like this:
MULTIPASS TO SKIP WAIT STEPS
Depending on the type of campaign you're sending, you might want to allow your customers to skip the wait time in between your message series. This is particularly effective for educational or instructional message series.
Let's say you're a company that sells kitchen and baking products and you're promoting a famous chef's tips through an automated message series. Each message contains a recipe with insider tips from your celebrity chef. Susie is a big fan of your products and the chef. She's also a stay-at-home mom. She loved the first message and wants to know more. Give her the option to receive Message 2 instantly by adding a "Receive Next Tip Now!" link in your email. Follow the below steps to set this up in Listrak Conductor.
- In the Listrak Conductor conversation ensure you're using the working version by selecting if from the drop-down menu.
- In this example, the conversation contains three messages. Messages one and two contain links that say "Receive Next Tip Now!" Click the Add Child Thread icon underneath the first Wait Step.
- Click the Trigger Step in the new thread.
- Override the default name to "Next Email Link Clicked."
- Click the tab that says Link from the Available Events list.
- Select the "Receive Your Next Tip Now!" link (or whatever link you've created in the message).
- Click Update.
- Add a Goto Step after the Trigger Step.
- Override the default name to "Goto Message 2."
- Select Message 2 as the target destination.
- Click Update.
- Repeat the above steps to create a child thread that allows the customer to skip the wait after Message 2 to go directly to Message 3.