You can do very well with a generalized Page Browse Abandonment campaign, but you can create filters and target messages more specifically based all sorts of criteria such as category, sub-category, brand, and most other attributes in your products file. You can also offer more info to those contacts who perhaps last browsed the customer service or warranty.
TARGETED STRATEGY EXAMPLES
Below are a few examples that target specific audiences based on page browse. You can even combine them so that all of the filters exist in the same conversation (as shown below).
- Category Page: Send these contacts a message about your best-selling sweaters if they last browsed the sweaters page.
- Customer Service Page: Send these contacts your contact information, tell them about your Live Chat feature, or simply ask if you can help them.
- Warranty Page: Send these contacts FAQs or highlights about your product warranties.
SETTING UP TARGETED PAGE BROWSE ABANDONMENT THREADS
FIND OUT WHAT DATA YOU HAVE
You can filter on the attributes in your product file as long as they are being sent to Listrak and are mapped in the system. An easy way to find out what data is available to you for filtering is to look in your segment summary.
- Navigate from the home menu to Analytics.
- Go to Segment Summary.
- Located the field group ShopperInfo.
- Look for segments that begin with "Last Browsed." These are your available segment data.
NOTE: If you don't see the segment field you'd like to use, it means that you either are not sending Listrak that information, or it's not yet mapped in the Listrak application. Contact your account manager to see which scenario you have and how to remedy it.
BUILD A SEPARATE THREAD
Now that you know what segments you can use, we can build the new threads and filters in Listrak Conductor. In this example, we're going to create an additional thread to target contacts that last browsed the brand Nike before leaving the site.
- Navigate from the home menu to Authoring.
- Go to Listrak Conductor.
- Then Conversations.
- Select your Shopping Cart/Browse Abandonment campaign.
CREATE THE NEW THREAD AND DEFINE THE TRIGGER STEP
- Add a new thread using the Add Thread icon.
- Move the thread up to be positioned directly beneath your Page Browse Abandonment thread using the Move Up icon.
- Click the Trigger Step and override the default name to "Browsed Nike Brand."
- Select the No Events Required checkbox.
- Click Update.
ADD THE MESSAGE AND WAIT STEP
- Add a Message Step after the Trigger Step. Add the targeted email to this step. In this case, we'll add nicely branded Nike content.
- After the Message Step, add a Wait Step. You can set the wait time to the same duration as the last Wait Step in your Page Browse Abandonment Thread.
DEFINE THE MESSAGE AND WAIT STEPS
- Now, add a Goto Step right after the Wait Step you just created.
- In the Goto tab, select the Nike Message Step as the Goto Step's destination.
- Click the Segment Filter tab.
- Click New Filter.
- Select Segmentation Field Groups.
- Select ShopperInfo.
- Select the Last Browsed Brand.
- Select the operator Equals.
- Type Nike.
- Override the default name to Goto Nike Brand Abandoned.
- Click Update.
- Then click Update again.
Now, regular contacts will proceed through your Page Browse Abandonment campaign while those who last browsed the brand Nike will receive the special Nike-branded message content. The final conversation should look similar to the below snapshot.