Listrak offers several sending options: one immediate send, one scheduled send, daily sends, weekly sends, or monthly sends. All scheduled messages will be saved in the scheduled messages queue. The user can change the content, date, time or cancel a scheduled message. Recurring messages can also be paused or cancelled.
You can access the when to send section anytime you are working on a message; this includes saved messages. To create a new message with using these options:
- Navigate from the home menu to Authoring.
- Go to New Message.
- Once/Immediately: The email will deploy as soon as you confirm the send (immediately).
- Once/Scheduled: Using the calendar and clock icons, select the date and time at which the message should deploy. Scheduled messages will be queued in the scheduled messages folder. Until the moment of deployment, you can change the content, date, time or cancel a scheduled message. The message will automatically deploy on the specified date and time.
- Daily/Recurring: Enter the number of days (1-365), specify the time, and select the “Begins on” date. You may also select a particular end date, but it is not required. In this example, the message will deploy every 7 days at 2:00 p.m. EST beginning October 31, 2016.NOTE: If you'd like the message to deploy only on weekdays, use the Weekly/Recurring option.
- Weekly/Recurring: Enter the number of weeks and the time. Select which days of the week are applicable. Set the start date and opt to include an end date. In this example, a message will deploy every Monday and Thursday at 9 a.m. EST every week.
- Monthly/Recurring: Option #1: The first option is to select X number of days every X number of months you would like your message to go out. First, enter the day of the month you'd like the email to go out (1-28), and then how many months apart (1-12). Set the start date and opt to include an end date. The example will send a message on the 15th of every month at 9:00 a.m. EST.
NOTE: The number of days is set at 1-28 days to account for shorter months. If you would like your message to be deployed on the last day of every month, for example, use Option #2.
- Option #2: For option #2, select:
- Which occurrence you'd like to send your message:First, Second, Third, Fourth, Last
Then select which day of the month you'd like the message to be scheduled:
- Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, Friday, Saturday, Sunday, Day, Weekday, WeekendDay
Finally, select the frequency of months you'd like to send the message out on (1-12).
NOTE: The example below will be sent out the last weekday every month at 9:00 a.m. EST
SEND TIME OPTIMIZATION
This feature allows you to customize your message send time based on time zone and activity. By toggling Send Time Optimization to "yes", you will see two options to send based on either of these two criteria.
CONTACT'S TIME ZONE
Selecting to send based on a contact's time zone allows you to send an email to subscribers at a specific time in their time zone. This is best used for campaigns that need to be delivered at a specific time.
Sending based on a contact's activity allows you to send a message to be delivered to them based on their activity.
FOR EXAMPLE: A college student may be most active at 11 PM, where a lawyer may be most active at 7 AM.
QUICK TIPS FOR SEND TIME OPTIMIZATION
- A notification will be displayed if the scheduled date is less than 24 hours in the future.
- Labels will indicate that the messages were sent using optimized send time or by time zone. These appear on the schedule messages, message history, and message activity pages.
- As the emails are being sent over the 24 hour time frame, an In Progress label will be displayed that links to the Progress Monitor.