Profile fields, sometimes also referred to as segmentation fields, are pieces of information about your contacts that can be used across the Listrak Application. Profile fields collect and store information such as first and last name, address, country, phone number, loyalty status, birthday, and email address.
You can create many different profile field groups specific to a type of marketing campaign. For example, a Transactional Campaign contains profile information about an order number, shipping address, and contact information that is used to personalize a transactional message. Whereas a Welcome Series may contain the profile information mentioned above, and is used to group contacts based on a contact's preferences or behaviors.
- NOTE: Profile fields are exclusive to the list on which they're created. For example, if you're creating profile fields on the Master List, they are only available on this list.
Set up a profile field group and segments by following the below steps.
1. Navigate from the home menu to Contacts.
2. Go to Profile Fields.
3. Click Create Field Group at the bottom of the page.
4. Enter a Field Group Name for the field group, specific to the campaign that it's being used for. For example, Customer Information.
5. Click Save.
6. Add all of your desired fields with the applicable data type within the new group. For example, FirstName, LastName, Address, MobilePhone, City, State.
- NOTE: When adding in the fields, please enter them using camel case to avoid the risk of spaces creating special characters within HTML. For Example, FirstName, LastName, MobilePhone, HomePhone.
7. Click the Save icon to add each field.
Repeat the above steps to create new field groups, or to add new profile fields to a field group.