Fonts are an integral part of your branding, including your email marketing. Understanding your font file type and how it works with your emails can be tough. When it comes to using your fonts in Listrak, there are a few things you'll need to keep in mind.
If you're using custom fonts, Listrak will need all of the following files for each font in order to host the font:
- TrueType Font (TTF): Developed by Apple and Microsoft in the late 1980s and is the most common font format for both Mac OS and Windows.
- OpenType Font (OTF): Latest font format developed by Adobe and Microsoft. This type is commonly used on Mac OS and Windows, and offers ligatures, fractions, and contextual glyphs.
- Web Open Font Format (WOFF): Developed in 2009 and is the W3C recommendation for web fonts and is supported by most browsers.
- Embedded OpenType (EOT): Compact variations of Microsoft's OpenType Fonts.
- Scalable Vector Graphics (SVG): Text files containing the glyph outlines as if they were single vector objects to render without a font file available.
The below chart shows the browser support for each font type. Due to the varying degrees of support, it's best to include all these font types in your code when possible.
Interested in learning more about utilizing web fonts? Check out W3School's in-depth explanation of CSS3 Web Fonts.
These are pre-loaded fonts everyone gets on their computers (Arial, Times New Roman). There are no additional files needed to host these fonts.
- TIP: These fonts are already available in Listrak Composer!
These are fonts that are not pre-installed on a user's computer but are downloaded off a web browser. While a web page renders, that font is applied to the text. Because of this, the inbox support for these fonts is limited. Google Fonts, Typography.com, and Adobe Fonts are common collections of web fonts. To use these fonts in Listrak, we'll need a code snippet from the website of the applicable font.
Once you've determined your font file type and have them available in Listrak, you'll be on your way to creating beautiful, branded emails!