WHAT OTHER STRATEGIES CAN I EMPLOY TO RECOVER MORE REVENUE?
An invaluable benefit of the Cart Abandonment (SCA) solution is the ability to see your customer's shopping intent, meaning, you know what they are considering for purchase before they ever act on it. Take, for example, a shopper that puts items in their shopping cart that have an extremely high total value. Customers that are making a large purchase, such as an engagement ring, or new supplies for their entire office building, are most likely price comparison shopping. You have the power to reach out to those customers and solidify the deal. Use Listrak Conductor to add a step in your conversation that notifies customer service when a shopper abandons a high-value cart. You can then contact the shopper or send a personalized message to incentivize them to complete the purchase.
SET UP NOTIFICATIONS FOR HIGH-VALUE ABANDONED CARTS
In this scenario, we'll set up a notification to our customer service team when customers abandon carts valued over $2,500.
1. Navigate from the home menu to Authoring.
2. Go to Listrak Conductor.
3. Then Conversations.
4. Select your Cart Abandonment conversion.
5. Ensure you're using the working version of your conversation by selecting it from the drop-down menu.
CREATE A NEW THREAD FOR HIGH-VALUE CART CUSTOMERS
1. Create a new thread by clicking the Add Thread icon.
2. Add a Wait Step, a Message Step, and a Goto Step.
3. Move the entire thread up to be positioned directly below your abandoned carts thread by clicking the Move Up icon.
4. Click the Trigger Step and give it a meaningful name. We'll call ours "Cart Value Over $2500."
5. Select the No Events Required checkbox. We check this because we do not need any external events attached to this trigger.
6. Click the Wait Step to determine your settings. You can mimic the settings in the existing thread. So, in this case, we'll set the wait time to three hours.
7. Override the default name by selecting the checkbox and rename the step to reflect the settings. We'll call ours "Wait for 3 hours."
8. Click Update.
9. Click to update the Message Step. Here you have the opportunity to add a different message series if you'd like to target the high-value cart customers differently. You can also just put the same message 1 from the original thread into this new thread.
10. Override the default name by selecting the checkbox and rename the step to reflect thesettings. We'll name this message exactly as it appears in the abandoned cart thread: "SCA Message 1 (No Offer)."
11. Click Edit a Saved Message and add a message to the step.
12. Review your message and settings and the click Commit Message at the bottom of the page.
13. Confirm by clicking Commit Message to Conversation.
TRIGGERING THE NOTIFICATION
1. Click the Message Step you just created.
2. Click the Notification tab. This is where we'll define who receives the notification and what it contains.
3. Add your email recipient (who will receive the notifications).
4. Add a subject line and message body.
TIP: Use personalization tags to include information such as first name, last name, and even cart contents. You can grab these tags by navigating to Authoring > New Message > Personaliztion Control Panel and clicking the individual fields you'd like to copy from the personalization fields list. If desired, you can also use HTML markup in the message section of the notification.
5. Click the Goto Step.
6. Select the first Wait Step after the first Message Step in the original thread. In this example, it's the "Wait for 2 Days" step in the initial thread as your destination.
This will send contacts that have high-value carts back into the original message series after we've notified customer service.
7. Override the Default Name. We'll call this "Redirect."
ADD A GOTO STEP TO YOUR EXISTING ABANDONED CART THREAD
1. Add a Goto Step by clicking the Add Step icon and selecting Go To Step after the first Trigger Step in the abandoned cart thread.
2. When the Goto Step settings pop-up appears, click the Goto tab. Click the "Wait for 3 Hours" step in the Cart Value Over $2500 thread. This is the target destination.
3. Click the Segment Filter tab. Set the segmentation filter just as you see in the below image.
4. Click Update.
5. Then click Update again.
6. Lastly, click Publish, then confirm by clicking Publish Conversation.
Congratulations! You've successfully set up a customer service notification for high-value shopping carts.