Before moving to this step, be sure to have created a Transactional list. The next step to setting up your transactional messaging campaign is to create the segments that will be passed through the API call within the transactional message. In this example, we will be recreating a transactional message with personalization fields that can be found in the sample email below. Follow the below steps to create segments specific to your transactional messages.
- Navigate from the home menu to Contacts.
- Go to Segmentation.
- Then Modify Existing Field Group.
- Click Create Field Group.
- Name the field group for the transactional campaign you are creating. This field group will hold all of the specific fields needed for your transactional campaign.
- Click Save.
- Add all of your desired fields.
- Select a Data Type for each field.
- Click the Save icon to add each field.
- Enter every field type as text, except for the cart contents.
NOTE: You can use the contact content block (CCB) data type for large HTML blocks. This is particularly useful for the order contents field. For more information on data types available to you, read Data Types.