A Shopping Cart Abandonment (SCA) Campaign is used to gently remind your customers that they've left something behind and often entices them to come back to your website to make a purchase. Throughout this series, the first few messages are often similar and utilize a cross-sell strategy, while the last message(s) are usually a competitive strategy.
A customer who abandons an item is typically very close to making a purchase. The goal of an SCA campaign is to nudge customers back to the website. Adding recommendations to this campaign enhances the overall content of the messages, suggesting supplemental items for purchase, and not to compete with the items being referenced in the cart.
MESSAGES 1 AND 2
- Goal: Cross-sell or add-on products, not compete with the abandoned product.
- Base Ingredient: Frequently Bought Together, Purchase this Purchase That.
- Backup Recipe: Top Sellers, Trending (using a different attribute).
- Goal: The following message(s) should drive the customer back to the site, and can compete with the originally abandoned product.
- Base Ingredient: Similar, Gateway (using similar attribute).
- Backup Recipe: Top Sellers, Trending (using same attribute).
SHOPPING CART ABANDONMENT AND NURTURE (SCAN)
- Goal: These come between standard messages and drive customers back to the site. They don't generally reference the abandoned product in the message, but still references the abandoned activity.
- Base Ingredient: Recent Activity, Similar Items.
- Backup Recipe: Top Sellers, Trending (use same attribute).