Post Purchase Campaigns can be used to thank your customers, acknowledge their loyalty to your brand, or even win them back if they haven't purchased from you in a little while. Add Product Recommendations to include more personalized content relevant to your shoppers and the Post Purchase campaign.
The overall goal of a Post Purchase campaign is to use a customers purchase behavior (purchase activity type) to suggest products that are relevant to the content of the campaign.
- Goal: This is usually a cross-sell message - you want the customer to come back and buy something to go with their recent purchase.
- Base Ingredient: Frequently Bought Together, Purchase This Purchase That.
- Backup Recipe: Top Sellers, Trending (using different attribute).
- Goal: Leverage what you know (your customer bought something - awhile ago), and try to get the customer to come back. You may consider using other activity types in backup.
- Base Ingredient: Similar Products, What's New (using same attribute).
- Backup Recipe: Top Sellers, Trending (using preference data).
- Goal: Loyalty messages thank your customers for being loyal to your company and brand. Often they will have some have an exclusive sale or incentive.
- Base Ingredient: Similar Items, What's New, Trending with preference attributes are popular.
- Backup Recipe: Top Sellers (using preference attributes).