Listrak's Alert Suite allows you to connect with your shoppers by alerting them about a specific event, such as when a product is back in stock or a price is dropped. Some examples of alerts emails are:
- Signup Message
- Back-in-stock (BIS)
- Low Inventory
- Price Drop
- Goal: Get the customer to buy something while they wait for the item to be purchasable.
- Base Ingredient: Similar, Purchase this Purchase That.
- Backup Recipe: Top Sellers, Trending (using same attribute).
- Goal: The item the customer wants is back, recommend something they might want with it!
- Base Ingredient: Frequently Bought Together, Purchase this Purchase That.
- Backup Recipe: Top Sellers, Trending (use different attribute).
- Goal: The item the customer wants probably won't be sold again, recommend something else they might like.
- Base Ingredient: Similar Products, Purchase This Purchase That.
- Backup Recipe: Top Sellers, Trending (using same category).
- Goal: While the item has been gone a while, however you don't want to lose the customer, so recommend something similar.
- Base Ingredient: Similar Products, What's New, Trending (using same attribute).
- Backup Recipe: Top Sellers (using same attribute).
- Goal: This solution is usually treated separate than back-in-stock messages. Usually recommends complimentary up/cross-sell items or other sale items.
- Base Ingredient: Frequently Bought Together, Purchase This Purchase That .
- Backup Recipe: Top Selling, Trending (using different attribute).
USING CUSTOM URL VARIABLES
Use the system variable /sku/ to define a reference product that supersedes customer activity. This is useful in cases where the message is referring to a product that may not be the most recent activity of any type, such as with an alert message. Use the below sample recommendation link to append a SKU for alerts:
http://recs.listrakbi.com/link/51adc784-96c5-47f0-86c4-ef872a146316/f2a8e71a-eb3f-41be-af09-742f1d8d0013/79321aff-75df-4802-ba8d-488512ff7c2a/32/32/116/108/email/#Listrak\Email#/sku/<<FA Alerts\Product Sku Default=->>/
When a SKU is being used as a reference product in this way, there's no need to define any activity in the recipe builder, as a reference product is being passed in.
There are several solutions that do not reference the most recent Browse, Abandoned, or Purchase activity and thus need to be sent in the Recommender call. Examples, other than Alerts, are Browse Abandon, and Transactional.
You can also send in multiple SKUs by appending the above multiple times with different field names. This is the case usually with Transnational Messages. Be sure to set the Last # of Recent activity to the maximum number of appended SKUs, up to 25 total.