General Ingredients (much like Pricing and Personalized ingredients) can be added to a recipe to further define what products will show. They are controlled via a weighted slider, where the higher the weight, the more an ingredient is considered. There are two types of general ingredients: filter ingredients and non-filter ingredients. Filter ingredients take your entire product set, and query/filter on that set to give you the results that match your query or filter. Non-filter ingredients take the result of that query or filter and then re-arrange or sort based on the ingredient selected.
- Clearance [Status]: This ingredient can be used to include or exclude products on clearance in your recommendation result.
- Demote by SKU: Lowers the weighting of specified SKU’s within the results set. If set to 100%, removes specified SKU’s from results completely.
- Different Brand: Recommends products that are not the same brand as the reference products.
- Different Category: Recommends products that are not in the same category as the reference products.
- Different Subcategory: Recommends products that are not in the same subcategory as the reference product.
- In Stock: Recommends products that are in stock.
- Less Than [Quantity] in Stock: Recommends products that have less in stock than the specified quantity. This ingredient is keyed off the QOH field in the product data file.
- More than [Quantity] in Stock: Recommends products that have more in stock than the specified quantity. This recipe can be important to make sure that you are not recommending products that are low in quantity or out of stock.
- Not Discontinued: This ingredient is important to be sure that you are not showing any discontinued items within the recommended products. This ingredient is based on the discontinued flag in the product data file.
- Promote by SKU: Increases the weighting of specified SKU’s within the results set. If set to 100%, only recommends specified SKU’s.
- Sale [Status]: Include or exclude products on sale in your recommendation result.
- Same Brand: Recommends products that are in the same brand as the reference product.
- Same Category: Recommends products that are in the same category as the reference product.
- Same Color: Recommends products that are the same color as the reference product.
- Same Gender: Recommends products that are in the same gender as the reference product.
- Same Size: Recommends products that are in the same size as the reference product.
- Same Style: Recommends products that are the same style as the reference product.
- Same Subcategory: Recommends products that have the same subcategory value as the Product submitted.
- Specific Brand: Recommends products of a specific brand.
- Specific Category: Recommends products of a specific category.
- Specific Product Attribute: Recommends products based on a specific attribute selected by the retailer.
- Specific Subcategory: Recommends products in a specified subcategory.
- Custom Ingredient: If you need an ingredient that is not available or if you would like to build an ingredient using custom Meta fields, you can add a Custom Ingredient. First, you will need to choose the attribute from your product data or recommendation product data. Next, choose from the list of available operators to evaluate conditions. In the final field you may either enter a value or choose from an option provided in the drop-down.
- Not a Reference Product: Removes the product(s) that are being referenced from the returned products. Allows the option to include/exclude variants of that reference product.
- Only One Variant: When selling multiple colors or sizes of a product, using this ingredient groups all variations of a product into a single result. The variation used in the results will be the most popular variation according to the base algorithm.
- Randomness: This ingredient can be used to add randomness to your recommendation results. This could help in the case of a weekly recurring campaign using the same recipe, so that each weekly email does not contain the same results.
- Related Products [By Type]: This option recommends products based on the Type selected in the drop-down, which is dynamically defined by the available Types that were associated in the original Product file import.
- Similar Color: Recommends products that are a similar color to the reference product.
- Top Rated Products Above [StarCount] Star(s): If Listrak is receiving product ratings and reviews data, this recipe can recommend top-rated products that are rated higher than the specified star count.
- Sales Rank - Last [TimeFrame] Days: products based on the number sold in the past 7/30 days.
- Click here to learn more about the product features that ingredients can use.