In most cases, you don't want to send a contact through your welcome series more than once. However, occasionally customers will subscribe more than one time, and end up in this situation. To see contacts who are attempting to enter the welcome series, you can add additional logic directly into the conversation.
SETTING UP THE LOGIC
- Set a segment indicating that a contact has received the welcome series.
- Update the conversation to check to see if a customer has already had the welcome series.
For this example, we'll walk through the steps to modify the basic welcome series conversation below:
CREATE A SEGMENT
1. Navigate from the home menu to Contacts.
2. Go to Segmentation.
3. Then Modify Existing Field Group.
4. If you do not have a field group called Welcome Series, create a new field group:
- Click Create Field Group.
- Name the field group "Welcome Series."
- Click Save.
5. If you already have a Welcome Series field group, click on that field group.
6. Create a new field called Welcome Received and give it a data type of checkbox.
7. Click the Save icon.
SET DATE OF ENTRY INTO WELCOME SERIES
1. Navigate from the home menu to Authoring.
2. Go to Listrak Conductor.
3. Then Conversations.
4. Select your Welcome Series by clicking the Pencil icon or the actual Name of the welcome series.
5. Ensure you're on the "working" version of the welcome series by setting the Version drop-down menu to [Working Version].
NOTE: If the drop-down menu does not say [Working Version] you'll have the option to create a working version by click on the Create Working Version button.
6. Click the Add Step drop down next to the Last Message Step.
7. Select Add Action Step.
8. Click on the Action Step you just created.
9. Change the Action Type to Set Checkbox.
10. Change the Set the Segment Field to the Welcome Received segment we just created.
11. Select the Set the checkbox to radio button and make sure the checkbox is checked.
Your screen should look like the following before you click Update:
12. Click Update.
Your conversation should look similar to the following:
FILTER REPEAT CONTACTS OUT
CREATE A FILTERED THREAD
1. In the conversation, click on the Green Add Thread icon under the entry thread:
2. Click the New Trigger step that was just created.
3. Change the Trigger Step Name to Filtered Thread.
4. Check No Events Required.
5. Before you click Update, your screen should look like the below:
6. Click Update.
7. Click the Add Step drop-down menu next to the Filtered Thread you just created.
8. Select Add Wait Step.
9. Click on the Wait Step you just created.
10. Change the Wait Type to No Wait.
11. Click Update.
CREATE THE FILTER TO DIRECT DUPLICATE CUSTOMERS OUT
1. Click on the Add Step drop-down menu in the initial Entry Thread called Manual Subscribers.
2. Click Add Goto Step.
3. Click on the Goto Step to open the settings for that step.
4. Click the No Wait step in the Select Destination Step window to point the go to step to the filtered wait thread.
5. Click the Segment Filter button.
6. Click New Filter.
7. From the Select Segment Type drop-down menu, select Segmentation Field Groups.
8. From the Select drop-down menu, select Welcome Series.
9. From the Select Field drop-down menu, select Welcome Received.
10. For the Select Operator choose Is Checked.
11. Click Update.
12. Click the Override Default Name checkbox and give this step a meaningful name. For this example, use Already Received Welcome? Exit.
13. Click Update.
Your conversation should now look like the below:
SET PROPERTIES TO ALLOW UNLIMITED ENTRIES
1. Click on the Properties icon.
2. Change the Conversation Entry Limit Per Contact to Allow unlimited entries.
3. Click Update.
4. Lastly, make sure you Validate and Publish your conversation.