Adding another message to your Shopping Cart Abandonment (SCA) campaign can be a lucrative strategy in capturing additional revenue from customers who have already shown interest in your products. A good rule thumb to follow is:
If your last SCA message is converting at a double-digit rate (10% and higher), add an email.
Let's get started adding an additional message. Typically, Listrak Professional Services will have set up a three-message SCA campaign for you in Listrak Conductor. Follow the below steps to easily add the fourth message on your own.
ADD WAIT AND MESSAGE STEPS TO YOUR SCA CONVERSATION
1. Choose your SCA list from the list panel on the left-hand side of the home menu.
2. Navigate from the home menu to Authoring.
3. Go to Listrak Conductor.
4. Then Conversations.
5. Click to select your SCA conversation.
6. View Published Conversation Version takes you to the published version.
7. View Working Conversation Version takes you to the working version.
8. Ensure you're on the working version. If you are not, you can click the drop-down and select "Working Version" or click the orange asterisk to create a working version.
9. Click the Add Step drop-down menu next to your last message step.
10 Click Add Wait Step.
11. Click on the wait step you just created.
12. Enter the number of days you'd like for the wait step. For this example, we'll choose 3 days.
14. Click the Add Step drop-down menu next to the new wait step.
15. Click Add Message Step. A wait step is automatically added along with any message step.
16. Enter the number of days you'd like for the wait step.
17. The typical wait step for the last message in the Shopping Cart Abandonment is set to two weeks.
CREATE AN ADDITIONAL MESSAGE USING YOUR EXISTING SCA MESSAGES
To create the additional message, we'll use the existing third message rather than building a new one from scratch. This is an effective time saver and your existing message already contains the critical component of the SCA message: the cart contents.
1. Click the last message in your existing SCA conversation. In this case, that would be the third message, "Shipping is on Us!"
2. Click Edit Message.
3. Scroll to the bottom of the page and give the message a meaningful name for your subsequent message. In this example, we'll call it "Email 4."
4. Click Save as a New Copy.
5. After saving the message, navigate to Authoring.
6. Then Saved Messages.
7. Locate and click "SCA 4."
8. Update the subject line and content if desired. In this example, we'll update the subject line only to "Last Chance for Free Shipping!"
NOTE: It's important to maintain the structure of your email to ensure that the shopping cart contents remain intact.
9. Update the campaign to Shopping Cart Abandonment.
10. Scroll down to the analytics integration section and update the campaign content to match your message name -- "SCA 4."
11. In the same section, update the analytics version to match your message name -- "SCA 4."
12. Click Save Updated Version.
ADD THE ADDITIONAL MESSAGE INTO THE CONVERSATION
1. Navigate to Authoring.
2. Go to Listrak Conductor.
3. Then Conversations.
4. Click into your SCA conversation using the pencil/View Working Conversation Version icon.
5. Click the empty fourth message step.
6. Click Edit a Saved Message.
7. Click the desired message. For us, this is "SCA 4."
8. Scroll to the bottom of the Edit Conversation Message screen and click Commit Message.
9. Review and confirm the details of your message and click Commit Message to Conversation.
VALIDATE AND PUBLISH THE UPDATED CONVERSATION
The last thing you need to do to make your conversation active is to publish it.
- Click the Validate & Publish icon.
- Click Publish Campaign.
Congratulations! You've successfully added a fourth message to your SCA campaign. Review your analytics regularly to monitor the increase in revenue from this addition.