Adding another message to your Browse Abandonment campaign can be a lucrative strategy in capturing additional revenue from customers who have already shown interest in your products. A good rule of thumb to follow is:
If your last message is converting at a double-digit rate (10% and higher), add an email.
Let's get started adding an additional message. Typically, Listrak Professional Services will have set up a three-message Browse Abandonment campaign for you in Listrak Conductor. Follow the below steps to easily add the fourth message on your own.
ADD WAIT AND MESSAGE STEPS TO YOUR BROWSE ABANDONMENT CONVERSATION
1. Choose your Shopping Cart/Browse Abandonment list from the list panel on the left-hand side of the home menu.
2. Navigate from the home menu to Authoring.
3. Go to Listrak Conductor.
4. Then Conversations.
5. Click to select your Shopping Cart/Browse Abandonment conversation.
- View Published Conversation Version takes you to the published version.
- View Working Conversation Version takes you to the working version.
6. Ensure you're on the working version. If you are not, you can click the drop-down and select Working Version or click the orange asterisk to create a working version.
7. Click the Add Step drop-down menu next to your last message step.
8. Click Add Wait Step.
9. Click on the wait step you just created.
10. Enter the number of days you'd like for the wait step. For this example, we'll choose three days.
11. Click Update.
12. Click the Add Step drop-down menu next to the new wait step.
13. Click Add Message Step. A wait step is automatically added along with any message step.
14. Enter the number of days you'd like for the wait step.
15. The typical wait step for the last message in the Shopping Cart Abandonment is set to two weeks.
CREATE AN ADDITIONAL MESSAGE USING YOUR EXISTING BROWSE ABANDONMENT MESSAGES
To create the additional message, we'll use the existing third message rather than building a new one from scratch.
1. Click the last message in your existing Browse Abandonment conversation.
2. Click Edit Message.
3. Navigate to the bottom of the page and give the message a meaningful name for your subsequent message.
4. Click Save as a New Copy.
5. After saving the message, navigate to Authoring.
6. Then Saved Messages.
7. Select the message.
8. Update the subject line and content if desired.
NOTE: In this example, we'll use Recommendations to suggest similar products to what the contact last browsed. If you do not have Recommendations, you can craft an email based on the product category or do something even more general.
9. Update the campaign to Browse Abandonment.
10. Scroll down to the analytics integration section and update the campaign content to be something relevant matching the message.
11. In the same section, update the analytics version to match.
12. Click Save Updated Version.
ADD THE ADDITIONAL MESSAGE INTO THE CONVERSATION
1. Navigate to Authoring.
2. Go to Listrak Conductor.
3. Then Conversations.
4. Select your Shopping Cart Abandonment/Browse Abandonment campaign.
5. Click the empty fourth message step.
6. Click Edit a Saved Message.
7. Click the desired message.
8. Scroll to the bottom of the Edit Conversation Message screen and click Commit Message.
9. Review and confirm the details of your message and click Commit Message to Conversation.
VALIDATE AND PUBLISH THE UPDATED CONVERSATION
The last thing you need to do to make your conversation active is to publish it.
- Click Publish.
- Click Publish Conversation.
Congratulations! You've successfully added a fourth message to your Browse Abandonment campaign. Review your analytics regularly to monitor the increase in revenue from this addition.