Add a little flare to your email details by customizing the "To Name" for your message. Doing so appends a word or phrase of your choice before the contact's email address in the "To" field.
ENABLE FROM NAME IN LIST SETTINGS
If you do not have a From Name option when creating a new message in the Basic Message Settings, you will need to enable this feature in the Settings of the list you are on. You can also ensure it is enabled by following the steps below:
1. Navigate from the home menu to Manage.
2. Go to Lists.
3. Click the three dots on the right-hand side of a list.
4. Go to Settings.
5. Navigate to the Message Composition section.
6. Toggle to Yes for the option to Enable to-name personalization within Author page.
7. Click Commit Changes at the bottom of the page.
CUSTOMIZING THE TO NAME FIELD IN YOUR MESSAGE
Now that you've enabled this setting, you can customize the To Name field when creating messages. If the setting isn't enabled, that field won't display as an option. Using this option results in a friendly and unique greeting for your customer. For example, if you have a segment for first name, you can use that segment in the To Name field to populate the customer's first name next to their email address.
When you send your message, depending on the email client, you will see a result similar to the below rendering in Gmail: