If you're sending an email where ensuring recipients have opened is more important than usual, you can have it sent again automatically by configuring a MultiPass to non-openers. Be aware that sending the same email may increase unsubscribes and complaints, but when done correctly, engagement will likely improve.
- If you've already sent an email and you'd like to resend to non-openers or non-clickers, read the resend based on engagement article.
- To add a MultiPass for automated messages, review this article.
- View the Listrak blog for tips to help you with the strategy behind re-engaging non-openers.
CONFIGURE A MULTIPASS MESSAGE
When authoring a new message, the MultiPass function can be enabled on the confirmation page after hitting Schedule To Send or Send To List.
1. Toggle on Send MultiPass.
2. Enter a subject line for each message. Consider a unique subject line for each message, as recipients may not have clicked the first time because the subject line didn't catch their attention.
NOTE: Up to 5 messages can be added.
3. Enter the number of hours to wait before sending the follow up message. This will depend on the urgency of the message. The MultiPass will not be sent to openers during this time, however once the MultiPass message is sent, recipients may continue to open either or both emails.
The Projected Send Date will calculate the date and time subscribers will most likely receive your follow up message. This allows you to target a specific date and time you'd like subscribers to receive your message.
NOTE: The maximum number of hours that can be entered is 999.
EDITING A MULTIPASS MESSAGE
There are two options offered when configuring a MultiPass: a subject line and the number of hours to wait before sending. However, you may need to edit other areas of the message and settings. Edit a MultiPass message by following the below steps.
- Navigate from the home menu to Authoring.
- Go to Scheduled Messages.
You can edit any message settings here such as: preheader, delivery time, HTML content, and more. Read more about editing a scheduled message.
The original message and MultiPass messages are reported separately. View the results of each message by following the below steps.
- Navigate from the home menu to Analytics.
- Go to Message Analytics.
- Then Message Activity.
MultiPass messages can be identified with a MP icon next to the subject line.