Always preview and test your broadcast messages to preview rendering. To send a test message it is required to set up a Test List. You can set up one or many Test Lists, set one up to send yourself a test, set one up to send a test to your teammates. In this article you will learn how to set up a test list, add contacts to that list, and send a test message. Read on to learn more.
SET UP A TEST LIST
- Navigate to Manage > Lists
- Click New List
- Name list and select List Type TEST
- Save your Test List
- Navigate to Contacts > View Contacts
- Click Add Contact
- Select Single Contact or File Import
- Subscribe Contact(s) to your new Test List
SEND A TEST BROADCAST MESSAGE
- Author a broadcast message
- Click Send Test in the left sidebar
3. Select a Test List
4. Click Send Test
A few things to note:
- The test message will not have a test indicator.
- This send counts towards your total sends per month.
- Personalization data, including coupon codes, will be included in the message.
- Sent test messages display on the Broadcast Messages dashboard in the SENT tab marked with the status of Sent.
Congrats, you have sent a test message! Everyone on the list will receive the test message on their device a period of time after clicking Send Test.
For more information on SMS messaging, reach out to your Account Manager or Listrak Support!