Listrak offers several sending options: one-time immediate send, one-time scheduled send, daily sends, weekly sends, or monthly recurring sends. All scheduled messages will be saved in the scheduled messages queue. The user can change the content, date, time or cancel a scheduled message. Recurring messages can also be paused or cancelled.
You can access the when to send section when creating a new message, editing a draft, or editing a scheduling one-time or recurring send. To create a new message with these options:
- Navigate from the home SMS menu to New Campaign.
- On the Broadcast Message card select New Broadcast.
NOTE: When configuring a message, recurring options are not available for Data Acquisition message.
The scheduling options are available in the Review & Send step of the setup wizard.
- Send Immediately: The broadcast mobile message will deploy as soon as you confirm the send (immediately).
- Schedule One-Time Send: Using the calendar and clock icons, select the date and time at which the message should deploy. You can enable Send Time Optimization to determine when this message will be received. Until the moment of deployment, you can change the content, date, time or cancel a scheduled message. The message will automatically deploy on the specified date and time.
- Schedule Recurring Send: The recurring send can send a message multiple times over a period of time, or use an open-ended scheduling that will continue until you stop the send. The following types of recurring sends are available:
- Daily Recurring Send: These messages will send at a set time for a number of days. Enter the start date and time, the number of days (1-365), specify the time, and select the “Begins on” date. You may also select a particular end date, but it is not required.
- Weekly Recurring Send: Enter the start date and time and then in the Repeat every section, select Week from the drop-down. Select the specific day(s) of the week you would like the message to send. You may also select a particular end date, but it is not required.
- Monthly Recurring Option Based on Day of Month: One monthly recurring option is to send on a specific day of the month, such as the 1st of the month. Enter the start date and time and then in the Repeat every section, select Month from the drop-down. Select the day radio button and then the specific day of the month. You may also select a particular end date, but it is not required.
NOTE: The number of days is set at 1-28 days to account for shorter months.
- Monthly Recurring Option Based on Changing Dates: A second recurring option accounts for dates that change, such as the 1st Monday of the month or last day of the month. Enter the start date and time and then in the Repeat every section, select Month from the drop-down. Select the second radio button and then the specific milestone, such as First or Last. Then select the specific calendar option, such as Monday or Weekday. You may also select a particular end date, but it is not required.