Providing import files enables you to submit a store location file directly to Listrak. This information is then used to configure and add store locator directly into your emails.
Follow the below steps to set up an FTP and prepare your data for import.
FTP SERVER ADDRESS AND FTP USERNAME/PASSWORD
Get your username and password by following the below steps.
1. Navigate from the home menu to Manage.
2. Go to Integrations.
3. Then New Integration.
4. Navigate to the FTP section.
5. Select Integrate.
6. Add the required information for Setup.
7. Click Generate Credentials for the username and password.
- NOTE: Use the Listrak FTP in the source selection drop-down for file imports.
You will access the FTP server at ftp.listrak.com, and can be configured to be either FTP, FTPS, or SFTP. You can learn more about each type here. Please contact email@example.com with any questions.
REVIEW FILE IMPORT SPECIFICATIONS
When configuring the store location file for import, please be sure to provide a matching file name with the file.
Expected file name: Listrak_StoreLocation_Feed_DATE.csv
- Accepted file formats: .txt, .csv, .xlsx
- Accepted encoding: UTF-7, UTF-8, Unicode
- If using plain text, remove all carriage returns (CR) and line feeds (LF, CRLF)
- Use text qualifiers when necessary
To import a store location file, you must include the following required fields. While these fields are the minimum for importing data files, you may need to supply additional data fields to support this solution specific to your goals and objectives. Please collaborate with your Listrak Project Manager to determine what additional data is necessary to optimize the performance of your Listrak solutions.
storenumber, latitude, longitude, address1, address2, city, state, zipcode, country, isviewable, primaryphone, websiteurl, locationname
For more information about the data fields that can be supplied with this file import:
If you are working with our Professional Services onboarding team, please create a sample store location file. Then, reach out to your Project Manager to validate this file.
Alternatively, please continue to the next step of configuring the import process below.
DATA FILE SETUP
Configure your store location file using Listrak's Data File Setup tool. This tool allows you to understand and configure what your data should look like in the proper formats.
1. Navigate from the home menu to Solutions.
2. Then Data File Setup.
3. Click New Data File in the upper right-hand corner.
- TIP: When creating and configuring your data file, you have the option to do a one-time import.
1. Enter a file name. This must match the file that Listrak will be locating.
2. Select a file type from the drop-down menu. This is a store location file.
- NOTE: When uploading a store location file, please use the isviewable field to indicate whether stores are active or not.
3. Select or create a column delimiter. Delimiters are used to specify the boundaries between data points.
4. Select or create a text qualifier. Text qualifiers recognize where the text begins/ends when importing data.
5. Enter an import frequency. This is how often Listrak should expect to see this file in the data feed process.
6. Select a sample file. The sample file must match the name that was entered in step 4.
7. Click Next.
These are your mappings that have automatically mapped from the data file configuration. Underneath your progress bar, the mappings are broken down into available columns and your columns. Available columns are the columns that Listrak stores and can be used to create a mapping to your data. Your columns are what have been configured through the data file configuration.
If any columns are mismatched, drag and drop a column from the left-hand side to match the column header.
Click the settings wheel to apply a transformation to your data. Transformations are used to clean up your data.
After the data has been mapped, click Next.
Preview allows you to see what the file will look like when it's uploaded. Potential errors and warnings are displayed here.
STORE LOCATION DATA SUMMARY
After you've configured and uploaded your store location file, use the data summary tool to view a sampling of your data.
- Navigate from the home menu to Solutions.
- Go to Data Summary.
- Then Store Information.