Unique coupon codes offer your shoppers a personalized code that can only be used one time. For example, if two shoppers sign up for an email at the same time, they will each receive a code that is unique for their use.
Unique coupon codes can also be assigned to each of your individual contacts. Learn more about how to assign coupon codes to contacts here.
CREATE A COUPON
1. Navigate from the home menu to Manage.
2. Go to Coupons.
3. Click New Coupon in the upper right-hand corner.
4. Select a Merchant from the drop-down menu.
5. Select Unique Coupons.
6. Enter a Coupon Name.
7. Select a file to upload. Please be aware of the following file requirements:
- A .txt file is the accepted file format
- Do not include column headers
- The first column must contain codes
- Columns must be separated by commas
- Coupon codes must be less than 50 characters
- Uploads only support up to 10 million records (dependent on your upload speed)
- To utilize expiration dates, you must include them in the second column
NOTE: If utilizing expiration dates, you must set up additional segmentation fields to capture this information. Please be sure to complete all steps in this article to capture the coupon code and expiration information.
8. Select if you want to stop distributing coupons 30 days prior to the expiration date. Selecting this option may result in messages being delivered without a coupon.
9. Enter a Fallback Code. A fallback code can be used if:
- The coupon pool runs out of coupons.
- You've selected to stop distributing coupons 30 days prior to the expiration date. The fallback code is used to ensure coupons are distributed in automated campaigns.
Be sure you never run out of coupon codes for your email campaigns by setting up coupon notifications. You may alert yourself or others on your team that your coupons are running low.
1. Enter a Minimum Threshold. This is the number of available coupons at which a notification is triggered.
2. Enter recipient(s) to be notified of the low coupon threshold. Multiple email addresses may be added separated by a comma.
After you've configured all of the above settings for a unique coupon, click Save. Then, set up the applicable segmentation fields for your coupons.
GET A COUPON CODE
Get a code from a unique coupon file in the Coupon manager. A code can be helpful for use in testing or to confirm the format of the codes currently being distributed to match when preparing replenishment codes.
NOTE: This will remove a code from your imported file each time it's used to prevent distributing a code that has already been used.
From the Coupons manager, select more Actions, then Get Code.