Low Inventory Alerts are triggered by a shopper's browse activity and requires activity tracking to be installed on your site.
Low Inventory Alerts automatically send a single alert to visitors that browsed a product page and are triggered when inventory levels reach a threshold to warn that the product is almost sold out.
CREATING AN ALERT
Before configuring your alert, be sure to have created a new list, just for your alerts campaigns. This ensures that all of your alerts settings and analytics are in one place. Select this list before getting started.
1. Navigate from the home menu to Solutions.
2. Go to Alerts and click New Alert.
3. Enter Low Inventory for the name.
4. Select Low Inventory from the drop-down menu for the Alert Type.
5. Set the Action to Browse.
6. Select your Alerts list.
7. Click Continue.
8. Enter a Quantity Threshold.
- TIP: This is the number of items that are left in stock before the Low Inventory Alert is deployed.
9. Click Create New for the Select an Event section.
10. Enter Low Inventory for the event name.
11. Click Save.
12. Enter an amount for the Relevancy Window.
- TIP: Relevancy Window is the length of time in which customers are eligible to receive an alert for a product they've viewed. This window starts the day they are entered into the queue, and if the price of the product doesn't drop by the threshold within this window, they will be removed from the queue for that product.
13. Click Continue.
The last step is to review the alert setup. You'll see an at-a-glance review of your alert settings including:
- The action for the alert
- Merchant (if you have more than one)
- Alert type
- Selected list
- Quantity Threshold
- External Event
14. Click Save.
After you've configured your alert, the next step is to create a message and set up the conversation.