Price drop alerts are triggered by a shopper's browse activity and requires activity tracking to be installed on your site.
Price Drop notification emails are sent to shoppers who have viewed a product with a price that has been reduced by a dollar or percentage amount. Reach out to your customers at the right time to let them know about this change and re-engage their interest in a product.
CREATING AN ALERT
Before configuring your alert, be sure to have created a new list, just for your alerts campaigns. This ensures that all of your alerts settings and analytics are in one place. Select this list before getting started.
1. Navigate from the home menu to Solutions.
2. Go to Alerts and click New Alert.
3. Enter Price Drop for the name.
4. Select Price Drop from the drop-down menu for the Alert Type.
5. Select Browse for the Action.
6. Select the Alerts list.
7. Click Continue.
8. Click Create New for Select an Event.
9. Enter Price Drop for the event name.
10. Click Save.
11. Click Continue.
12. Enter an amount for Drop Threshold.
- TIP: Drop Threshold is a the minimum for a price drop (either in price or percentage), required to trigger a price drop email. For example, if a customer views an item and the item drops by $10 or 10%, then a price drop email alert triggers.
13. Enter an amount for Relevancy Window.
- TIP: Relevancy Window is the length of time in which customers are eligible to receive an alert for a product they've viewed. This window starts the day customers are entered into the queue, and if the price of the product doesn't drop by the threshold within this window, they will be removed from the queue for that product.
14. Click Continue.
The last step is to review the alert setup. You'll see at-a-glance review of your alert settings including:
- The action for the alert
- Merchant (if you have more than one)
- Alert type
- Selected list
- External Event
- Drop Threshold
- Threshold Type
If additional edits are required at this time, you can edit the alert or configurations by clicking edit on this page. By clicking edit, you will be redirected to one of the above steps.
15. After applicable edits are complete, click Save.
After you've configured your alert, the next step is to create a message and set up the conversation.