Merchandise Blocks are used to display recommendations in a defined layout within an email. Follow the below steps to set up a Merchandise Block, and how to add a recipe to a block.
- Navigate from the home menu to Solutions.
- Go to Recommender.
- Then Merchandise Blocks.
If you have multiple merchants set up with Listrak, make sure the correct merchant is selected in the merchant drop-down menu.
4. Click New Merchandise Block.
5. Select the Email radio button.
6. Click Next.
7. Select how many recommended products to display in your emails. Please consider an option that makes sense for how many products are available to be recommended based on the recipes that are going to be applied.
8. Select a template, if applicable.
If you select to use a pre-made template, you are presented with several options based on the number of products you'd like to display in the block. Select a layout, style, and theme.
If you're not selecting a template, use some of the customization elements explained below.
9. Click Preview My Block Setup.
On the Block Preview page, there are a few options to update:
- Customize the individual item designs using the Item Design option on the lower left-hand side of the page.
- Customize the entire Merchandise Block design by using the Block Design option in the middle of the page.
- Preview different products in a Merchandise Block by using the Load New Products button.
- NOTE: You must apply a recipe to save your Merchandise Block.
APPLYING A RECIPE
After you've selected and applied a design to the items in a Merchandise Block, the next step is to apply a recipe to the block.
On the Merchandise Block design page, click Apply Recipes.
- TIP: You do not need to apply the same recipe to each item in a block. You can apply as many different recipes to a block as you'd like - just be sure they're working together to return the best possible results.
- Select Merchandise Block(s) that you'd like to apply a recipe to.
- Click the recipe you'd like to apply to the above selected items.
- Then, click Apply Selected Recipe.
After a recipe is applied, you will see green checkmarks on the items that have a recipe applied.
4. Navigate to the bottom of the page.
5. Click Preview in Block.
After clicking Preview in Block, you are redirected to the Block Preview page.
- Navigate to the bottom of the page.
- Enter a Name for the Merchandise Block.
- Click Save.
- NOTE: Any change to the design of the Merchandise Block, changes the code used to put Recommendations into messages. Be sure to update your message with the new code.
You will receive a confirmation that the Merchandise Block has been saved successfully!
Now that you've set up a Merchandise Block and applied a recipe, the next step is to add the Merchandise Block to an email.