The Recipe Builder allows you to create a customized strategy for which products appear in an email or on a page of your website. Creating a customized recipe allows you to use a customer's behavior on your site or information about your products to determine which products should appear in a specific email or page.
To access your recipes follow the steps below:
- Navigate from the home menu to Solutions.
- Go to Recommender.
- Then Recipe Builder.
Select a previously configured recipe, or click Create a Recipe.
Once you have entered the recipe builder you will see the following interface. Read more below about the different elements of the interface and how they can be used the customize the products that appear.
- Title: The title of the recipe in use. The title often indicates the email or page the recipe is featured in or indicates the types of products displayed.
- Recipe Tab: The recipe tab is where you can create a specific customized strategy for your desired use case.
- Global Ingredients Tab: The Global Ingredients influence your recipe and are often used to improve customer experience, for example by making sure only in stock products are recommended. Learn more about Global Ingredients. You can use the global ingredients tab to view the existing setup or to edit global ingredients for all recipes.
- Add: Add additional ingredients to a base ingredient. These can be used to further customize your strategy by filtering results. These are broken down into three categories: general, pricing, and personalized.
- Base ingredient: Use the gear icon to select or change the base strategy for the products in your email.
- Activity to use for reference SKUs: Use a customer's activity (products browsed, abandoned in cart, or purchased) to customize the products that appear and the number of products (up to 25) to consider. Products that are referenced are based on most recent activity from any kind being requested.
- Backup Ingredient: A backup recipe is used if there are not enough products to display for a contact based on the strategy constructed. It's recommended to use a recipe as a backup ingredient because the general backups do not use global ingredients, and need to be used cautiously.
- Product Reference Tab: In the preview window, view the results that would appear in an email or website page based on the product a contact browsed, abandoned, or purchased from the product tab.
- Customer Reference Tab: In the preview window, view the results that would appear based on your recipe for an individual contact from your Listrak list.
- Customer Activity: View the specific activity (selected in element #6) influencing the results for a customer by clicking into their information.
- Preview window: Based on the recipe strategy you have created, this will show what will be recommended. If included, a contact's activity will be used to customize results. Products are ranked based on how well they fit the recipe you have created. Green: fits well, yellow: does not fit as well (usually less popular products or a backup), and red: does not fit well, but still applicable (usually final backup). Returns up to 25 products.
- Search: This bar lets you look for a product via SKU or Title, or a customer via email.
Click here to learn more about building out recipes.