Create automated campaign conversations using Listrak Conductor to drive a seamless acquisition between email and mobile engagement. Now, you can simply add a mobile message step in a Listrak Conductor Conversation to begin targeting your customers in an additional channel.
- Post Purchase
- Shopping Cart Abandonment
- Alerts (Back-in-stock, Price drop)
NOTE: Be sure to have these solutions and campaigns set up in your account to use them in conjunction with SMS. Please contact your Account Manager for additional information.
SETTING UP YOUR SMS PROGRAM
Before setting up your Conductor Conversation, there are a few steps that must be completed beforehand:
SETTING UP YOUR CONVERSATION
For this example, we're going to add an SMS mobile messaging step to our Winback Campaign.
If you haven't already, the first step is to set up your conversation. Follow the below steps to get started.
1. Select your Transactional list from the list drop-down menu.
2. Navigate from the home menu to Authoring.
3. Go to Listrak Conductor.
4. Then Conversations.
5. Select your Post Purchase Conversation.
NOTE: If you don't have a Post Purchase Conversation with a Winback thread, click here to learn how to create one.
6. Navigate to your Winback thread.
TIP: Be sure to determine a mobile marketing strategy that works best for you and your brand. You are targeting your customers in a very personal channel. Too many messages may create a negative impact on your SMS campaigns.
For our example, we are going to target our shoppers first in SMS. This way, we are giving them the most important message first in the most intimate channel. Then, we can follow up with reminder emails to continue the campaign.
NOTE: You may not send SMS messages to recipients unless you have obtained prior express consent through SMS list subscription methods set up during your mobile provisioning process with Listrak.
First, we're going to check if the shopper meets the criteria to be won back. In this example, we're checking if a shopper has ordered within the last 60 days. If they haven't, we're going to send them a message to come back.
After the filter step:
7. Click the green plus sign.
8. Select a Mobile Step.
9. Click the Mobile Step.
10. Navigate to the Setup tab.
11. Select your short code from the drop-down menu. This must be the short code that is provisioned to send transactional messages.
12. Select the transactional list that you previously created from the drop-down menu.
13. Then, select the SMS message you previously created.
14. Navigate to the Message tab.
15. Click Override Default Name.
16. Enter a Name for your mobile message step.
TIP: Name your steps something meaningful and relevant to avoid clicking into each step.
17. Next, enter your Mobile Message Text. This is the body of your text message. Be sure to include necessary compliance language.
18. Select which field is the mobile number from the drop-down menu. This must be the segmentation field that is passing a shopper's mobile phone number.
19. Add any additional personalization fields, if applicable.
20. Lastly, select what to do if a mobile number is invalid or doesn't exist for a shopper: do nothing and pass the customer to the next step, or terminate the contact from the conversation.
NOTE: If you pass the contact to the next step, they're still able to receive remaining messaging in the conversation. If you terminate the contact from the conversaiton, they will not receive any further messaging.
21. Click the Notification Tab.
22. Enter any notifications, if applicable.
Lastly, use Preview tab to view how your message will be displayed on the lock screen and in the message screen. You can also view this message for a specific contact on your list using the drop-down menu.
23. Click Update.
After the mobile message step is added, consult with your marketing strategy to determine what the rest of your Winback Campaign campaign should look like. However, we are going to build out the rest of our thread with the following:
24. Click the green plus sign.
25. Add a Wait Step.
26. Click the Wait Step.
27. Enter a wait of 3 days.
28. Click Update.
29. Click the green plus sign.
30. Add a Message Step.
Here, you can target your customers with similar content by engaging them in a different channel.
31. Click the Message Step.
32. Click Edit a Saved Message.
33. Select a Saved Message.
34. Click Commit Message.
35. Then, click Commit Message to Conversation.
The last step in your conversation should be the terminate step after your customers have received both communications.
Congratulations! You've just set up a Winback Campaign for both email and SMS!