To filter contacts who are already in your welcome series conversation out of your marketing sends:
1. Use an action step to let Listrak know when the contact has entered the welcome series.
2. Create a filter in your marketing sends that filters people out if they entered the welcome series within a certain time frame.
CREATE A SEGMENT TO SHOW WHEN CONTACTS ENTER THE CONVERSATION
1. Navigate from the home menu to Contacts.
2. Go to Segmentation.
3. Then Modify Existing Field Group.
4. If you do not have a field group called Welcome Series, create a new field group by:
- Clicking on Create Field Group.
- Give it a name of Welcome Series.
- Click Save.
5. If you already have a Welcome Series field group, click on this field group.
6. Create a new Field called In Welcome Date and give it a data type of Date (mm/dd/yyyy).
7. Click the Save icon.
SET THE DATE OF ENTRY INTO THE WELCOME SERIES
1. Navigate from the home menu to Authoring.
2. Go to Listrak Conductor.
3. Then Conversations.
4. Select your Welcome Series by clicking the Pencil icon or the actual Name of the welcome series.
5. Ensure you're on the "working" version of the welcome series by making Version drop-down says [Working Version].
NOTE: If the drop-down menu does not say [Working Version] you'll have the option to create a working version by click on the Create Working Version icon.
6. Click the Add Step drop down next to the entry step.
7. Select Add Action Steps.
8. Click on the Action Step you just created.
9. Change the Action Type to Update Segment Field With Date Step Entered.
10. Change the Set the Segment Field to the In Welcome Date segment we just created.
11. Your screen should look like the following before you click Update:
12. Click Update.
13. Make sure you Validate and Publish the conversation.
CREATING THE FILTER IN YOUR MARKETING SENDS
We will filter people out of your marketing sends if they entered the conversation within the same length of time your conversation lasts. For example, the welcome series we just modified is two days long, therefore, we will want to filter people out of your marketing sends if they have an entrance date within the last two days.
When you are creating your marketing send, under the Segmentation Filter Settings:
1. Click Edit Filter.
2. Under Select Segment Type click Segmentation Field Groups.
3. Under Select click Welcome Series.
4. Under Select Field click In Welcome Date.
5. Under Select Operator select Is After.
6. Click the drop-down menu next to Today and type 2 days before Today.
NOTE: The 2 days is based upon the length of the welcome series. This may need to be adjusted depending on how long your welcome series is.
7. Click Update on your Filter.
8. Click Save.
You can add additional filters if you'd like based on your marketing strategies or target audience of your marketing send. This send now filters out ever contact that is currently in the welcome series.