UPDATING PRODUCT RECOMMENDATIONS IN LISTRAK COMPOSER
Below you will find commonly asked questions about placing Product Recommendations into Listrak Composer.
Q: How can I update a recipe on a Merchandise Block that I've already placed in Composer?
To update a recipe on Recommendations that have already been placed in Composer, there are several options:
- Navigate to the Recipe Builder under Recommender and update the ingredients and filters for the recipe that is being used in the Merchandise Block. Any changes that are applied here impact all Merchandise Blocks using that recipe.
- Navigate to Merchandise Blocks under Recommender and edit the original Merchandise Block. You can assign a different recipe to the items in the Merchandise Block that was placed into Composer. Any changes that are applied here impact all Merchandise Blocks using that recipe.
- Create a new recipe, then navigate to Merchandise Blocks under Recommender. Edit the original Merchandise Block and assign the new recipe that was created.
- Delete all the Product Recommendations that were placed in the Composer template. Create a new Merchandise Block and enable it for use in Composer. Place the new block into your Composer template.
Q: How do I add more items?
It's important not to duplicate the Product Recommendations container that is placed into Composer. This will create the exact match of the previous recipe and cause duplicates. You can add more items by deleting all of the Product Recommendations placed into the Composer Template, then navigating to Merchandise Blocks under Recommender and creating a new Merchandise Block containing the total number of items. Enable your Block for Composer and place it into your email.
Q: How do I change the item design?
To change the item design of your Product Recommendations, there are two options:
- Delete all of the Product Recommendations that are placed in your Composer template. Navigate to Merchandise Blocks under Recommender and update the item design. You can place the same Merchandise Block into Composer again using the Recommended Products icon.
- Delete all of the Product Recommendations that are placed in your Composer template. Create a new Merchandise Block and enable it for Composer. Place the new Merchandise Block into your message.
Q: How do I get enhanced text rendering in Composer?
- Click here to learn more about how to place Recommendations in your emails with Advanced Email Code Styling.
Q: How can I tell if a link was placed by the Composer widget or via direct copy and paste method?
- Product Recommendations that are placed in Composer with the Recommendations icon appear as one image.
Q: Why aren't Merchandise Blocks that I've enabled showing up in Composer?
- To include a Merchandise Block in Composer, it must meet the following criteria:A recipe must be assigned to all items in the Merchandise Block.Item design must fit inside the canvas and not overlap in the Merchandise Block view. Reduce the width of your item design if your items overlap in your Merchandise Block view.