You've crafted the perfect email in Composer and now all that's left are some personalized recommendations for your awaiting customers. If you already have the Recommendations solution set up, it's easy to add them using Composer.
There are two ways to add recommendations to Composer. 1) You can drag-and-drop the Recommended Products widget directly onto the canvas and select a merchandise block or 2) You can use Advanced Email Code to copy and paste Product Recommendations into your message. This article covers the process of copying and pasting Product Recommendations into your template using Advanced Email Code. This is typically reserved for more advanced templates or to allow a you to take advantage of enhanced rendering.
Click the button below to learn how to add Product Recommendations using the personalization tool in Listrak Composer.
GATHER YOUR RECOMMENDATIONS INFO
The first thing you need to do is collect the image and link URLs for each recommendation you'd like to include in your email. For easy access, you can copy and paste them to Notepad or any word processing program.
1. Navigate from the home menu to Solutions.
2. Go to Recommender.
3. Then Merchandise Blocks.
4. Select your Merchant from the drop-down menu.
5. Click the Code icon next to the merchandise block you want to use for the email.
6. Click the Advanced Email Code tab.
7. Copy and paste the Link URL and Image URL for each of your product recommendations. These links will be contained within the <!--product1--> beginning and ending comments as shown below.
LINKS FOR STANDARD RECOMMENDATIONS
For standard recommendations, copy the link and image URL for each recommendation you want to appear in the email. We will be building a three-column structure, and therefore will end up with six individual links.
- Yellow: This is the link URL. Copy only what is in between the quotation marks 30–60 days not the marks themselves. The link ends in "#Listrak\Email#"
- Blue: This is the image URL. Copy only what is in between the quotation marks 30–60 days not the marks themselves. The link ends in "#Listrak\Email#"
LINKS FOR ENHANCED RENDERING RECOMMENDATIONS (OPTIONAL)
If you have "enhanced rendering" for recommendations, you'll see two link URLs and two images URLs contained in your product code. Copy all four links and paste them to a notepad to use later in Composer.
- Purple: This is the link URL for the text that appears with your recommended product. Copy only what is in between the quotation marks-- not the marks themselves. The link ends in "#Listrak\Email#"
- Green: This is the image URL for the text that appears with your recommended product. Copy only what is in between the quotation marks-- not the marks themselves. The link ends in "#Listrak\Email#"
NAVIGATE TO COMPOSER
You can access Composer the same way you would the WYSIWYG editor.
1. Navigate from the home menu to Authoring.
2. Go to New Message (to create new) or Saved Messages (to work from a message you've already created with Composer).
3. Click Edit Design in the Composer tab.
4. Design your email. Where you'd like to add Recommendations, drag over a structure that matches the number of recommended products you'd like to display. For this example, we'll use a three-column structure to show three recommended items.
5. Click the Content tab.
6. Drag an image element into each column.
TIP: If you have "enhanced rendering" for your Recommendations, drag two image elements into each column.
7. Click the Properties tab. Make sure you've clicked on the image first.
8. For each image, paste the link URL (yellow) into the Link field.
9. Paste the image URL (blue) into the Image Source field.
TIP: If you're working with enhanced rendering Recommendations, paste the second link URL (purple) into the Link field in for the second image in the column, and the second image URL (green). See the below image:
After you've pasted all your links, your recommended products will appear. Remember to click Apply Design to save.