When creating a message to send to your list, you oftentimes will choose to create a segmentation filter so you're not sending to the entire list. Creating these filters is easy once you have a basic understanding of the logic behind the options. Below, these options are explained.
WHERE FILTERING OPTIONS ARE FOUND
- Creating or editing a message
- Creating or managing audiences
- Viewing subscribed or unsubscribed contacts
- Setting up steps in Listrak Conductor
- New Filter: the default filtering option for pulling subscribers who meet certain criteria.
- New Filter Group: a way to group filters together to achieve a specific order of operation. This is usually used when we are using anything in addition to "AND" statements.
For Example: If you add two "OR" filters below a filter that must always be true, you should group those "OR" filters in their own "Filter Group". If not, the order of operations may not include the first filter when pulling contacts.
The statements "AND," "OR," "OR NOT," "AND NOT" are all applied to the filter on the following filter below them. If there is no filter below the statement, then they are not being utilized and can be ignored.
- AND: the filter that is listed next to that statement "AND" directly below it must both be true for a subscriber.
- OR: only one filter, listed next to that statement OR directly below it needs to be true for a subscriber.
- AND NOT: the filter listed next to the statement must be true, but also the filter below it must not be true for a subscriber.
- OR NOT: the filter listed next to the statement needs to be true, OR the other filter can't be true for a subscriber. Only one of these filters needs to be true to pull a contact.
- IS AFTER: this operator will include segments matching the specified date and any date after.
- IS BEFORE: this operator will only include segments with dates before but not including the specified date.