Listrak allows you to customize a message's send-time based on time zone and activity.
You can access Send Time Optimization for email messages by following the below steps:
1. Navigate from the home menu to Authoring.
2. Go to New Message.
3. Scroll to the When to Send section, directly after Message Settings.
By enabling the Send Time Optimization toggle, you will see two options to send based on: the contact's activity and time zone.
Contact's Time Zone
The time zone option allows you to send an email to subscribers at a specific time in their time zone. This is best used for campaigns that need to be delivered at a specific time.
The time you schedule your message must be far enough in advance that the earliest time zone (UTC+14) for your send has not yet occurred.
This option will send an email when the subscriber has been most active engaging in your emails, regardless of the scheduled time. All messages are sent on the date scheduled and the active time can be before or after the default time. The only exception is if you are not scheduling the message in advance (at least the evening before).
For Example: If the send time was scheduled for 9 am and the subscriber's active time is 7 am, the message would be sent to the subscriber at 7 am the day it was scheduled (not the next day).
This type of send cannot be scheduled before 12 AM of the following day.
Considerations for Send Time Optimization
- A notification will be displayed if the scheduled date does not meet the criteria referenced above.
- Labels will indicate that the messages were sent using optimized send time or by time zone. These appear on the schedule messages, message history, and message activity pages.
- As the emails are being sent over the 24 hour time frame, an In Progress label will be displayed that links to the Progress Monitor.
- Contacts without a known location will be sent the message at the schedule send time-based on EST.
- The option to send a multi-pass to non-openers is disabled when the STO feature is turned on.