Watch the below video to get started with Abandonment Settings:
- NOTE: This article covers Abandonment using HTML. If you are a self-service client, please use the Abandonment course in Thrive.
You can access the Abandonment Settings by following the below steps.
- Navigate from the home menu to Solutions.
- Go to Abandonment.
- Then Settings.
CREATE A LIST
If you're accessing these settings for the first time, you'll be asked to created a list. This should be your "Abandonment" list.
- Enter a Name.
- Select a Folder.
- Select an IP Pool.
- Click Create.
Personalization fields can be used on the authoring page to personalize the Abandonment message. You can also use personalization fields to segment your list and limit who receives a message. For example, you may only wish to only email shoppers with cart totals greater than a certain dollar amount. Add a new field by following the below steps.
- Click Add New Field.
- Select the Field.
- Enter a Name.
- Click Save.
You can access settings from the Settings tab in the right-hand corner of the page. Use these settings to better customize your abandonment campaign.
- Consider Cart Abandoned After: We recommend setting this to one hour, but to expedite the testing process, you can set it to five minutes- Just remember to change it back when you're finished testing.
- SCA List: This should be your Abandonment list.
- Events: These events are used to add or remove shoppers from a conversation. Product and Page Browse are available if you have purchased Browse Abandonment.
- Clear Cart: This event fires when a cart is cleared and immediately removes a shopper from an abandonment conversation.
- Purchase: This event fires when a purchase is made and removes a shopper from an abandonment conversation.
- Product Browse: This event fires when a shopper views a product but doesn't make a purchase.
- Page Browse: This event fires when a shopper views a product-category level page but doesn't make a purchase.
Apply your settings and click Save.
When your account is created, you're automatically given default cart templates. You can make edits to the default templates in your account or create new layouts.
- Cart Layout Template: Select a cart layout template from the drop-down menu.
- Sample Shopper: Select a sample shopper when you're ready to see how the cart design renders as a representative example.
Click here to learn more about customizing your cart design.
Use the drop-down menus on the left-hand side of the screen to send a test message.
- Select a Test Message.
- Enter a Recipient Email Address.
NOTE: You're only able to test saved messages from this settings page. If you'd like to test live messages, please navigate to the Abandonment Conductor Conversations to test within the conversation.
We recommend sending a test message every time edits are made in the Cart Layout Templates. When you're sending a test email, all cart templates are checked for errors. You may be alerted to a design issue that is not obvious in the preview area.